Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Some winter shooting practice

Hmmmm ... While I admire your willingness to shoot under extreme conditions (I live in Fl so when it's below 70 it's cold!) unless you regularly compete under these conditions I'm not sure how much you are getting out of any movement drills ... Just my 2 cents ....

Ditch the steel, start closer and then move more aggressively. At the pace you were shooting and the speed you were moving you would have been faster to shoot then run. I get that you are trying to shoot while moving but you'll end up convincing yourself to do this in a match and you'll shoot this pace when you'd be a lot better off to plant and shoot then run.

A couple people commented on his speed of movement. Also, watching his reload, he is probably rather new to USPSA shooting. I remember when I first started working on shooting on the move. It was hard to transition away from sprint shoot sprint shoot because I knew I was shooting slower until I got skilled at it.

• 4 weeks later...

Typical monthly winter match for us here in VT. Actually, you need 3 ft of snow with a snow blown path fault line @ 0deg to really get the feel of it!!! Loose the gloves, use hand warmers(best with mittens)between rounds / sessions to get the life back in your hands. Really hard to get your grip right with gloves on. Great that your out there though, who needs warm weather!!!!