8411887957_daca7f8121_z.jpg

2013-01-249516-14-5295149 by rippspeed1, on Flickr

8412987870_2655ef807a_z.jpg

ResizedImage951359073090094 by rippspeed1, on Flickr

almost done .... Jimmy added 2 lightening holes in the rear

8413530444_00f1658511_z.jpg

ResizedImage951359089136270 by rippspeed1, on Flickr

Edited by RippSpeed

I see you have been thinking again.....haha, that is some awesome work......... Looks like I'm going to have to get sight trackers going, and try to play catch up......... will see if this one turns out as go as "Straight Six" did...? Are you going to do some engraving on this one too..? I called that engraving place you use...... thanks for the heads up..I see more sleepless night......lol

Edited by S&W WHEELNUT

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, newb question, that section you cut from the top center of the slide is now somehow pinned to the barrel and this keep the front sight from moving with the slide? I commented on your original build of the Edge, I almost feel bad for wanting to take those comments back and apply them here instead, WOW HOLY WOWs of WOWs that is just awesome.

If there were a way to explain how well it shot I imagine their might be alot of drooling involved, I mean I'm already drooling and I'll never get to shoot something that nice. That gun is so purty I could not hit a target and still look good, lol.

Ok, newb question, that section you cut from the top center of the slide is now somehow pinned to the barrel and this keep the front sight from moving with the slide? I commented on your original build of the Edge, I almost feel bad for wanting to take those comments back and apply them here instead, WOW HOLY WOWs of WOWs that is just awesome.

Thank you sir for your kind words... All the work was done by my gunsmith Jimmy Vidanes @ 1911 Speed Shop in Riverside CA...

The barrel is a hybrid barrel from schuemann ... where theres an island on top of the barrel and the front sight is on the barrel soo it hardly moves when the slide moves back. I made it this way to help out my weak and slow eyes...

heres the barrel off my 6" :

74707_3741267808785_410777317_n.jpg

543548_3741269928838_1188350614_n.jpg

If there were a way to explain how well it shot I imagine their might be alot of drooling involved, I mean I'm already drooling and I'll never get to shoot something that nice. That gun is so purty I could not hit a target and still look good, lol.

well theres really no smoke and mirrors and no snake oil ... but the sight tracker really helps me, see the sight for the second shot... the movement of the front sight is less ...

But then again ... the gun does look purdy even though I missed the target ,,, hahahaha

Edited by RippSpeed

That barrel is way to COOL..... that is going to be another fine gun.. :cheers: to you and your thoughts and your gun builder maker them come to life. Your mind must be on over drive like mine..... always thinking on how to get the brass ring...looks like you may have it on this one...... I need to look in your book of cool gun names, and see what you have left... LOL

That barrel is way to COOL..... that is going to be another fine gun.. :cheers: to you and your thoughts and your gun builder maker them come to life. Your mind must be on over drive like mine..... always thinking on how to get the brass ring...looks like you may have it on this one...... I need to look in your book of cool gun names, and see what you have left... LOL

thank you for your kind words Glenn... I wish I had your skill set with machining. I would be making gun for myself...

First range time out with the Slight Edge breaking her in ... Had alot of jams in the first stage but the jams started slowly going away as the day progressed...

heres the vid:

will update with pics soon ... got her grip treated in silicone carbide and the barrel fluted...

Pretty sweet lookin' Justin! You gonna stop there or do you have something else in the works?

See ya!

I have some engraving to do and hard chrome ... then its on to 3 open gun projects

Edited by RippSpeed

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...