Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SV acting "weird"

Aglifter

The slide goes back fine, most of the way, then drags, smoothly, the last inch. It goes forward without a hitch.

Any ideas? I had forgotten to clean under the link for awhile, and just cleaned that up, after it caused some issues. (Doubled, at didn't feed one round.)

The slide goes back fine, most of the way, then drags, smoothly, the last inch. It goes forward without a hitch.

Any ideas? I had forgotten to clean under the link for awhile, and just cleaned that up, after it caused some issues. (Doubled, at didn't feed one round.)

Are you working the slide with the hammer back? The reason I ask is because the last inch is where the bottom of the firing pin stop rides across the top of the hammer and mine has a little drag there as well. Just a thought.

I think you are referring to the first inch if that is when the fps is riding on the hammer. Once it has the hammer cocked, it isn't or shouldn't be dragging there.

BTW - West, what the hell are you doing with a NEW infinity open gun???

Thanks, what I was referring to is if the hammer is cocked and you operate the slide, the first 3/4" is free travel before contacting the cocked hammer. Once contact is made, it slightly depresses the hammer a little more as the firing pin stop gently rubs across the hammer for the last 1-3/8" of travel. This occurs on my SV and STI. Wasn't aware this was a problem. It has never affected the function but thanks for the heads up.

• 3 months later...