Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack in .40

ricardo28

• 3 weeks later...

To update I got my Tripp mags and these things are amazing. About 300 rounds through and no FTF's or malfunctions to report. You get what you pay for in regards to these mags. 0 tinkering with feed lips or springs etc out of the box they ran great. The system followers are beefcakes and I foresee no flipping or sticking from them in the future.

I also bought tripp mags 10mm for my .40 trojan that I haven't got yet. Ordered the mags end of jan. got them in 3 days ordered gun from dawsons hopefully this week will get. Can't wait to try out the mags like jonb. bought these due to this forum and the knowledge of its members. Pricey but glad to here there worth it.

Both of you guys have misstated the work you've had done. Mike, the 'throat' of a barrel is the bevel at the front of the chamber that eases the transition of the cartridge into the chamber, and Dohboy, if you lengthened the 'chamber' to 10mm length then the 40 S&W cartridges would have nothing to hold them to the breechface except the extractor because the shoulder in the chamber would be further forward for 10mm case length. It seems that what both of you are talking about is the rifling 'leade;

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/leade

You should be better versed in the terminology before giving advice to others.

Lead is the diameter after the end of the chamber/neck. The throat is the taper from the lead/freebore to the rifling. That's how all the chamber prints are labeled that I've seen. I've never seen a lead reamer but plenty of throating reamers.

The feed ramp portion of the barrel is not called the throat but throating is a modification of said feature.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

To update I got my Tripp mags and these things are amazing. About 300 rounds through and no FTF's or malfunctions to report. You get what you pay for in regards to these mags. 0 tinkering with feed lips or springs etc out of the box they ran great. The system followers are beefcakes and I foresee no flipping or sticking from them in the future.

Just a FYI, if you got them the way I set them up, with the hybrid followers, thats not the standard "system mag" followers. The standard followers are flex followers. I'm not fond of them so I had Aaron and Virgil work up some of the .45 hybrid followers to work in the system mags and since I only needed 8 rounds in the gun they worked great and I've never had one stick or flip or anything along those lines.