Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 6 inch

titandriver

Got this yesterday - extra special thanks go out to Bobby Keigans @FGW for the great deal on the P-T frame and to Glenn R (S&W wheelnut here) for providing the slide and the AWESOME machine work! If I could remember the dudes name that I got the spiral fluted SV barrel from (on this forum) I'd like to thank him as well. Gotta trim back the dust cover yet & I'll be good to go!

th_IMG_0804.jpg

th_IMG_0802.jpg

The back looks like it is sticking out too, wonder if the barrel lugs are cut far enough ?? Anyway very nice looking gun, congrads on it. :cheers:

I noticed the same thing.

OP, can you, using a bit of force, completely close the slide?(if you can, it will be pretty hard to open back)

That would confirm barrel lugs aren't cut far enough

The back looks like it is sticking out too, wonder if the barrel lugs are cut far enough ?? Anyway very nice looking gun, congrads on it. :cheers:

OP, can you, using a bit of force, completely close the slide?(if you can, it will be pretty hard to open back)

Are you sure you know what you are talking about?

nope :)

my gun was doing the same thing, gunsmith just cut the lugs deeper

I dont know either, guess one of the top gunsmiths in the country didnt teach me right ??? Some how I knew when I posted that, it would turn into a pissn match. Have at it it all yours.... buy the way to the OP NICE GUN :cheers:

Aaaaack....a shit storm! Guys, the 'smith that built it only had the frame/slide/barrel and never fired it. He told me about the slide overhanging the frame and suggested shooting 400-500 rounds through it then bring it back and he'd take care of any issues. After I slammed it together I snapped a couple o' pics without thinking about the slide issue and posted 'em. It has been below zero here and I've had no chance to shoot it. Seein' as how it's supposed to hit 30 tomorrow I'll blast a bunch o' rounds through it and see what happens.

MWX40x40 - it's a Shooters Design magwell.

Thanks!

Aaaaack....a shit storm! Guys, the 'smith that built it only had the frame/slide/barrel and never fired it. He told me about the slide overhanging the frame and suggested shooting 400-500 rounds through it then bring it back and he'd take care of any issues. After I slammed it together I snapped a couple o' pics without thinking about the slide issue and posted 'em. It has been below zero here and I've had no chance to shoot it. Seein' as how it's supposed to hit 30 tomorrow I'll blast a bunch o' rounds through it and see what happens.

MWX40x40 - it's a Shooters Design magwell.

Thanks!

either way brotha ... you 6 is sick !!! probably shoots really nice... come back with a range report !!!

New pics up, it is a finished product now!

th_IMG_0811.jpg

th_IMG_0810.jpg

th_IMG_0809.jpg

th_IMG_0808.jpg

Man I'm a big fan of top serations... Its has that old school custom look that you dont see much in newer pistols any more It makes your 6" looks damn sexy ... I wish I could have gotten my top serated but with the tri-top and the sight tracker cut, it left too little meat to be reliable in the long run...

Hey Rich;

I have a few questions for your...

how do you like the extreme hammer ??? Was it chromed when you bought it ??? Whats your trigger pull ??? What thumb safety is that ??? And lastly is your pistol cerakoated or is that still in white ???

Edited by RippSpeed

Hey Ripp -- I like the Extreme fire control parts and only use that on my actual competition pistols. I also use EGW & SV fire control parts on occasion but that's it. The Extreme hammer is exactly as it came from Rene at SSI. My trigger breaks at just under 2 lbs on my RCBS scale. That's as low as I go on my Limited pistols but using the same fire control parts on my Open pistols - last shot in '07 - I could go to 24 ounces pull weight. The thumb safeties I stole off my JV Dynamics five incher. I LOVE those thumb safeties, as do you with JoJo's brothers safety. It is in the white with just a bead-blasting. I like the way it looks and think I'll just leave it that way.

Maybe we'll meet up someday at a match and be able to compare pistols!

Those Grams pads I bought from ya are still going strong!

Hey Ripp -- I like the Extreme fire control parts and only use that on my actual competition pistols. I also use EGW & SV fire control parts on occasion but that's it. The Extreme hammer is exactly as it came from Rene at SSI. My trigger breaks at just under 2 lbs on my RCBS scale. That's as low as I go on my Limited pistols but using the same fire control parts on my Open pistols - last shot in '07 - I could go to 24 ounces pull weight. The thumb safeties I stole off my JV Dynamics five incher. I LOVE those thumb safeties, as do you with JoJo's brothers safety. It is in the white with just a bead-blasting. I like the way it looks and think I'll just leave it that way.

Maybe we'll meet up someday at a match and be able to compare pistols!

Those Grams pads I bought from ya are still going strong!

Yeah ... would definite like to meet up one day and shoot the $#!T at a match and check out your pistol...

Thanks again for buying those Grams pads... help me fund my 6" project

For jcarpenter82: there are 20 rounds on this target shot at 17 yards offhand. Five each of 200gr MG & 200gr Prec. Delta with 4.1 grs. E3, WWSP, OAL 1.180; five each of 180gr. Prec. Delta with 4.5grs E3, WWSP, OAL 1.180, and five each of 180gr Bear Creek moly'd 4.0grs. Clays, WWSP, OAL 1.180. Power factor varied from 171-178. I had to shoot the steel target cuz the wind was blowing a fair amount!

Ripp - no Nats for me this year, buried with work!

th_0118131011.jpg

Edited by titandriver