Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Paypal alternative - there has to be a good one

Seems there was mention of a good paypal alternative, but I can't find anything recent.

I just don't want to use Paypal but seems everyone wants some type of instant payment.

Anyone have experience with anything?

Sherwyn

Few options, none offer much seller protection (beyond claiming and suing for wire-fraud and Paypal gift doesnt offer much protection anyway) and most are probably "Anti Gun". But you probably won't have your funds frozen by them like PayPal.

1. My online bank (ING Direct, now Capital one 360 :sick: ) offers person to person payments.

I enter your name, email and last 4 digits of your account number (that you must be willing to give me, its on a check if you pay with checks, so it doesnt really matter). You get an email with link, enter your bank ABA and full account # and you get ACH deposit in 2-3 days. Instant payment if you are ING account holder.

2. Amazon has a payment feature, doesnt look cheap.

3. Chase also has a "quick pay" that looks to function about the same as ING. https://www.chase.co...anking/quickpay

ING and Chase are Free, but not instant unless both have an acct at that bank.

Gun Broker looks to be using some sort of instant pay type function.. maybe they're working on a full release for non-auction items ?

Edited by DWFAN

It would be nice to have a viable alternative, as I really detest PayPal. Also, they have recently started trying to require one to link their eBay and PayPal accounts in order to even be able to bid, and I am now on a campaign railing against any such sellers. Funny that they have prevented any emails to those sellers, at least for the few I've run across, as I was going to notify the sellers that they are losing bidders due to that restriction.

Plenty of opportunity for a competitor to rise up.

Roger

• 2 months later...