Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dear CZ Custom,

Racer377

If you guys were to make a 75 Shadow with the hi-power style cut that the plain ol' 75b has, I would buy 2, in a heart-beat.

cz-75-black_finish_350-300x225.jpg

vs.

05f6cc60144e16ae1746534c7f105a8a.png

Such a small thing, but the aesthetics of it are huge. Probably would make the slide a little lighter, no?

probably would make the slide lighter. that's a good reason to NOT do it.

i don't know if there's any connection, but slide to frame fit on my 9mm (like your top pic) is quite a bit looser than on my 40's (like your bottom picture). Better support too since the rails extend all the way along the slide.

i don't know if there's any connection, but slide to frame fit on my 9mm (like your top pic) is quite a bit looser than on my 40's (like your bottom picture). Better support too since the rails extend all the way along the slide.

I disagree. For me most 9mm pistol slides are to heavy to start with.

I'm with this guy!

ETA: if that slide has worked as well as it has for the 75 and 75b in eastern bloc mil/LEO use with correspondingly hotter ammo, I don't see any reason it would be a bad idea for USPSA purposes.

Edited by Racer377

Looks like two straight cuts with a mill. If you had a mill with a DRO and a decent vice you could do this in about ten minutes. Then send it out for hard chrome and you are GTG!

Okay, looking at more pictures and these, I am wrong. The bottom of the slide looks like a second cut, and I bet there was some blending on the area that holds the recoil assemebly after the milling to fade any edge.

Edited by JimmyZip

Yeah, but you're the same guy that complained about the starting position for decocker-equipped guns. I think you're just a malcontent. :closedeyes::ph34r:

I think the fatter slide looks way more butch and manly.

Yeah, but you're the same guy that complained about the starting position for decocker-equipped guns. I think you're just a malcontent. :closedeyes::ph34r:

Could be, then again the shadow profile slide didn't keep me from my 3rd GM card lol. I like things the way I like things. It doesn't have to make sense for others but it's the way I like them.

If you like a heavy slower slide then by all means good for you. I don't. I like fast and snappy. So much so I like shooting major better than minor and if I could load 40 for the same as 9 I might do that....yeah I'm weird I guess.

If you like a heavy slower slide then by all means good for you. I don't. I like fast and snappy. So much so I like shooting major better than minor and if I could load 40 for the same as 9 I might do that....yeah I'm weird I guess.

I was thinking about my earlier responses, and then decided that instead of just being a sarcastic jackass, I'd try to learn something, and ask you to elaborate on why you like the different slide profile. I was guessing it had to do with lightness and quicker cycling.

Is that just a personal preference? I know from reading your results that you are a very accomplished shooter, but I also know that angus is a fairly accomplished shooter, and it seems like he must have had at least some input into the specs of the shadow slides. Are GM-level shooters generally in agreement on stuff like this, or do they just like what they like?

-mark

• 3 months later...

75 shadow line pistol is available . Call me, can get you set up.

75Shadowline_0251logo_zpsb155523c.jpg

75 Shadow with 75B style profiled slide. Shadow sights, thin safeties, thin checkered alum. grips, beveled magwell, stainless guide rod, ext mag release,

Edited by eerw