Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Titanium plunger

Red Ryder

Very minimal difference IMHO. You can get a similar feel from just buffing and rounding the chamfer on your stock plunger then replacing with a lighter spring. You may have already done this as part of your $0.25 though.

What is the supposed advantage to using a titanium plunger?

I've heard that light FP's and strikers are supposed to benefit from the low mass as far as lock time goes, but that wouldn't apply to the plunger. Or is it that the plunger is coated with titanium nitride and is slicker?

I tried two of them and both actually got pretty chewed up in the sides after a thousand rounds or so.
X2 I tried one years ago and had the same experience. I have the Zev stainless one provided with the Fulcrum kit in a pistol and have not seen the same issues.

I tried two of them and both actually got pretty chewed up in the sides after a thousand rounds or so.
X2 I tried one years ago and had the same experience. I have the Zev stainless one provided with the Fulcrum kit in a pistol and have not seen the same issues.

Good to know, do they sell it individually?

I only see the titanium one on their web site, so you may want to contact them and ask if they sell the stainless separately Although polishing the factory will pretty much achieve the same result I'd of thought.

Glockworx has both the Titanium and the Stainless Steel for the small frames in stock.

the Titanium FPS are Gold TiN coated and the Stainless are Electro polished.

it is important to make sure the channel for the firing pin safety is really clean prior to reassembly, other wise it will drag the trigger pull up a pound or two.

oh and to make sure the little spring is not inserted side ways. ( Long Story)

I also installed that little spring sideways. The trigger felt gritty on takeup. Drove me nuts till I figured it out. Another long story. I think one of the few things you can botch up on a glock and it isn't obvious.

Best thing I ever did for my glock trigger was a revolver. Now I have a feel for takeup, striker compression and reset. Installing a revo finger on a glock works just great! Glock resets are more forgiving than a revolver. I even got mine titanium-nitrided so I don't split a nail. :P

DNH

One way to polish the plunger is put the actual plunger in a power drill (like a drill bit) with an even sabot around it (for when you tighten the power drill head) and run that along a piece of sandpaper, instead of vice versa..

That being said, the titanium is "lighter" metal, but a part that small isn't all that noticeable. it can also be more durable, but i don't think I've ever seen a plunger wear out...

The lighter spring will help on the upswing of the trigger, but with all the other mechanics going on inside there I think it gets washed out in the long run

IMO, if I was redoing my g34, I'd keep it stock except for a lightweight/Ti striker and lightened spring, +pound trigger spring, $0.30 trigger job (inflation), and minus connector..

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I installed a ZEV Tech Titanium Firing Pin Safety and shot approx 300 rounds. I tore the gun down and noticed that the upper base of this plunger safety was all chewed up. I removed it and put the stock Glock one back in. I also cleaned a few chunks of Titanium out of the firing pin channel. What a complete waste of Money!

• 2 weeks later...