Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Am I the only one that found the NRA response lacking? Washington can't agree on budgets and taxes. The statement "the gov't has lots of money in the treasury why can't they pay for an armed guard in every school" was as poor a response as I could have imagined. I doubt the general non shooting public will sign up for that. The NRA was likely locked in a room brainstorming for a week and this is the best they could come up with? Poorly done in my opinion.

They had to come up with something that would look like a solution. Not just say "hey, you can't take our guns". I do think the whole thing was handled poorly. And they should fire whoever was in charge of security. Two idiots with banners and the first guy was standing right in front of the podium for about 2 minutes before someone came and moved him out. There's no excuse for letting that happen. I'd give them a D.

They had to come up with something that would look like a solution. Not just say "hey, you can't take our guns". I do think the whole thing was handled poorly. And they should fire whoever was in charge of security. Two idiots with banners and the first guy was standing right in front of the podium for about 2 minutes before someone came and moved him out. There's no excuse for letting that happen. I'd give them a D.

Letting the protestors get that much air time was absolutely absurd. Just goes to show you that the NRA folks were the only people in that room that were Pro 2A. No one else cared enough to do anything until Wayne stopped speaking. That was ridiculous.

As for the response, I liked it. What I really like is the fact that one side is saying "Let's put a system in place to safeguard the kids on Jan 3rd when they come back. Let's get it done". And the other side is saying "Let's start talking about passing some laws Jan 3rd". Which one will actually be more effective? No need to answer...we all know the answer.

I also think they gave the only answer that will be effective

There really isn't any answer that will be effective. Everyone bringing

up a "solution" is going to look stupid.

The fact is, there is no problem - no one shoots up elementary schools.

Safeguarding against it is going to be an instant winner - because no one

is going to ever do it again for another hundred years. IMHO.

But, everyone has to come up with something ... :sight:

Read the speech carefully. He mentioned properly trained and qualified guards, not just current police officers. This would allow (with changes in some state laws and school policies) for teachers with concealed carry permits to be armed in school. If necessary, maybe a system could be set up for "school marshal" certification similar to air marshals. Using these volunteers would keep the costs to a minimum. I am a high school teacher; I would carry if allowed to do so.

We have let a few of these ride. I've talked it over with the Moderating Team.

We are completely and utterly done with the political talk here on this forum. Please don't start another thread on it, and don't participate in a thread somebody else might slip in.

- Admin.

CLOSED