Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sti edge: Dawson or brazo

cookiemonster

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As an update, I haven't been able to get either. Mags are the problem. I would hate to have to spend that much for a pistol and not get any mags for them. Or pay $2200 for a limited 10 pistol. I have called and talked with both. Both very nice by the way. They recommended ordering mags first and when I received them ordering pistol. After reading these reviews, I think either would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

As an update, I haven't been able to get either. Mags are the problem. I would hate to have to spend that much for a pistol and not get any mags for them. Or pay $2200 for a limited 10 pistol. I have called and talked with both. Both very nice by the way. They recommended ordering mags first and when I received them ordering pistol. After reading these reviews, I think either would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be advised that if you order through Dawson you are first on the list for mags when they come in as the mags are to accompany a pistol order. I ordered 2 CRP Edges from them in 40. I also ordered 6 140mm mags. They were out at the time but 2 days after my order I got an invoice and phone call letting me know that my 6 mags would be on their way that day. Very happy with my decision to go with Dawson. I they are extrememly friendly and Jennifer in their sales department cannot get enough thanks from me. She will call you with any update. IE I got a call at work just to let me know that they had just spoken to STI and were given an updated date for the Edges to arrive to Dawson. That's customer service....I have never been left in the dark and they welcome all questions about your order and answer it with a friendly attitude.......still awaiting my pistols to arrive at Dawson but at least I am not left wondering where they are in their own wait for the order from STI. +1 x 1000 for Dawson........as for the quality of the product I will update when I get the product and put some food through them.

• 3 weeks later...

I pick up my 2 Dawson CRP Edges today....I will post pics of them and give updates as to the accuracy, reliability and any / all problems.

If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take from the time you ordered to delivery? Very nice looking!

Thank you

Melvin

I see Bob at matches and he will take the time to talk to you and explain what is going on. I bought stuff from Dawson and the service has been great. So if it was one or the other I would probably buy from Bob because I have met him.

Now, before I spent that kind of money on a stock gun with a fluff & buff I would save a few more $$ and order a hand built gun. My choice at that point would be between Akai and Brazos. I own two Akai's and love both. I have shot a Brazos and it was very very nice as well. I know $600 sounds like a ton of $$ but there is a ton of difference between a hand built gun by a great builder. Find someone you know with one or the other and shoot it. There is a reason people spend the $$.

I pick up my 2 Dawson CRP Edges today....I will post pics of them and give updates as to the accuracy, reliability and any / all problems.

If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take from the time you ordered to delivery? Very nice looking!

Thank you

Melvin

I ordered beginning of March and Dawson was out of stock.....they received the Edges from STI on 4/9/13 and they were shipped out 4/11/13 after getting the "CRP Package". The customer service throughout was AMAZING. The employees at Dawson Precision actually kept calling me to keep me up to date on the arrival times.

Thank you

Melvin

I ordered beginning of March and Dawson was out of stock.....they received the Edges from STI on 4/9/13 and they were shipped out 4/11/13 after getting the "CRP Package". The customer service throughout was AMAZING. The employees at Dawson Precision actually kept calling me to keep me up to date on the arrival times.

Wow!! That is great service!!! Beautiful !

I ordered the 4-pk tuned mags with my CRP 9mm Edge. Those that ordered the tuned mags got priority over the standard ones. Very happy with the gun as it is running flawless. As previously noted..DP kept me informed every step of the way. They had an issue with the gun and they sent it to STI for warrantee repair prior to doing their work.

I ordered the 4-pk tuned mags with my CRP 9mm Edge. Those that ordered the tuned mags got priority over the standard ones. Very happy with the gun as it is running flawless. As previously noted..DP kept me informed every step of the way. They had an issue with the gun and they sent it to STI for warrantee repair prior to doing their work.

That was the same story with my CRP....they came from STI with hammer follow....a new stock option maybe :roflol: . That is the only reason people had to wait an additional 2*ish weeks for their Edges from DP

Went out yesterday with the 2 CRPs each with 4 DP Tuned mags.....never a hickup although too early to tell at least it ate what I gave it and didn't complain. Accuracy was fantastic ( when I was accurate ) Photo below is of the wife with new even more pink accented now CRP STI Edge

+1 for everything DP :bow:

8665554154_af81016d28_b.jpg

r