Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Velcro fastener name?

prickett

At an IPSC competition this morning, someone told me I needed to attach my outer belt to my inner belt, or, run my belt through 3 more more belt loops. He then told me there was a velcro fastener I could also use that would join the outer belt to the inner belt. What are the fasteners called (so I know what to search for)? And, does anyone have a good source for these fasteners?

TIA

Just curious. What does the belt keeper do? How/why do YOU use it? My belts seem to stick together quite well without it. I hang mine on my rangebag.

Edited by Sarge

Just curious. What does the belt keeper do? How/why do YOU use it? My belts seem to stick together quite well without it. I hang mine on my rangebag.

"Replacement Cr-Speed belt keeper, this is a clip that fits over your belt and keeps it together from snags on barricades, or other obstacles."

Guess you could also use them if the Velcro on your belts starts to get weak.

5.2.3 Unless otherwise specified in the written stage briefing, the belt carrying

the holster and all allied equipment must be worn at waist level.

The belt or the inner belt or both must be either securely fixed at the

waist, or secured with a minimum of three belt loops.

Did you comply with the rule? This is from USPSA rulebook

The more gear stuck on the belt will make -keepers- more of a requirement. I have found in the 3 gun events that I need three keepers so as not to louse the belt with my hand gun still in it when I am running.

3/4" wide Velcro strips from the Home Depot work great, they just are hard to get louse some times.

Never did use my belt keeper, until one day in 2011. That day there was a seated table start (folding chair). When I went to stand the end of my belt caught on the back of the chair and pulled it loose all the way to my left hip. Never leave home without that keeper now!

Edited by Reshoot

I use velcro straps. you can get a roll at the hardware store, cut them to the length you want. 3 or 4 inches long and wrap them around the inner/outer belt.

even with a Limited setup, three or four mags fill to capacity, your outer belt will begin to sag. I want everything rock solid.

I have one in front ot the first mag pouch and one after the last pouch...one behind the pistol holster. rock solid, everything

thanks