Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Both Eyes OPEN?

DirkD

JohnH556 I have the same Issue.

Right Handed, Left eye dominant. Struggle to keep both eyes open, I have issues with not being able to focus on the sights, get double vision, and I revert back to ol' one eye.

Think I might start some practice with some scotch tape over one of my eyes, but which one? Should I attempt to switch eye dominance and tape my left eye, or stick with the left eye dominance and tape the right?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JohnH556 I have the same Issue.

Right Handed, Left eye dominant. Struggle to keep both eyes open, I have issues with not being able to focus on the sights, get double vision, and I revert back to ol' one eye.

Think I might start some practice with some scotch tape over one of my eyes, but which one? Should I attempt to switch eye dominance and tape my left eye, or stick with the left eye dominance and tape the right?

The older you are, the more difficult it is to train your eyes to focus in this way. Accomodation takes longer, and there is less of it to be had.

Open is a whole different beast..

It's all target focus..

Keeping both eyes open is muuuuuuuch easier..

It would be interesting to see the same footage with iron sights..

Do you honestly think he changes anything?

I'm too lazy to dig through YouTube for shots of Max, Vogel, etc. shooting irons for reference-- but I know they're out there.

you most admit that an open gun is much esier to shoot with both eyes open than iron sights no? specially at farther targtest let's say a 6inch plate at 25 yards..

now this doesn't mean it is not possible... but allot of top shooters have admited they squint or almost close one eye at times on very tight shots with iron sights...

buttom line you don't really get ghosting with a dot sight, which is the one thing that keeps some shooters from being able to break every shot with both eyes open.