Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MG 124gr CMJ need some info

nelly

Hi all, Need some info on MG 124gr CMJ,anybody use these regularly ? I've been using MG 124gr JHP's with 6.9-7.0grs WAC & Fed SmPMagnum primers,OAL 1.145, PF 170 out of a G17,5 port SJC Comp & KKM Barrel. I also loaded some 124gr Precision Delta FMJ RN,7.0grs of WAC OAL 1.155 PF 171-However I looked closely into my Compensator today & noticed a bunch of leading on the sides & want to know if going to the MG 124gr CMJ's will eliminate this buildup ? I have heard very little regarding these. Any & all help is greatly appreciated,thanks

JHPs shoot groups under an inch at 25 yards, out of MY open guns.

I got a good deal on some CMJs, but, my groups opened up to 3-4" with them, so I sold them, with full disclosure.

The Precision Delta FMJ's are the cause.

You should get no leading from MG 124 JHP or CMJ. Buy whichever is cheaper for you. I tend to go with the MG JHP's just because they are a little more accurate for me, and the price is only about $1.50 more per 1000 from my local distributor.

I shot about 20K of the CMJ's they group about 1 1/2" at 25 out of my guns. No lead. I just switched to the MTG JHP's, well as soon as I work thru the 1,000 zero JHP's and a few hundred CMJ's already loaded.

I had the 4" groups and couldn't keep it on an 8" plate at 50 yards with the 115gr.

I use the MG 124 gr CMJ in my open gun. My load is 8.1 Silhouette, Win SRP at 1.160 OAL. It makes 171 PF in my full size Limcat. Absolutely no lead in comp.

Interesting I use 124 CMJ 7.9 Silhouette in my Limcat Flashcat full size FED SRP 1.165 OAL 175 PF I have 6 holes in Flashcat Very close