Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

gear question for my springfield brothers!

jogan

Starting to get tired of the holster and mag pouches that came with my XDM .40. I mainly shoot IDPA so I'm looking for a decent holster and at least a double mag pouch setup. What are you guys running? I have an IWB holster for carry, but need something decent for OWB that is still IDPA legal. What are your favorites?

I am running a comptac holster and mag pouches for IDPA. I much prefer 2 single pouches to a double. I also prefer to run the comptac gear on a thicker belt (like the one comptac sells) rather than one of the web belts.

Comptac holster and Blackhawk doublestack single mag carriers. I have an MTAC as well.

The thing I like about the Blackhawk carriers is that they stay in place and I can run any doublestack mag for any gun I have in them and not have to fiddle with adjustments. In general I like the single mag carries for single or doublestack because I have more flexibility in their placement and if the clip on one breaks I can still use the others.

Comptac holster and Blackhawk doublestack single mag carriers. I have an MTAC as well.

The thing I like about the Blackhawk carriers is that they stay in place and I can run any doublestack mag for any gun I have in them and not have to fiddle with adjustments. In general I like the single mag carries for single or doublestack because I have more flexibility in their placement and if the clip on one breaks I can still use the others.

Was looking towards the BH ones as well. In your opinion, how's the quality of those? At around 16 bucks each, I can afford to complete my belt.

• 2 weeks later...

For most games, I like the Blackhawks and I have "converted" several people to them as well. :-D

Two of them are over three years old now. That coupled with shooting at least 4 matches a month I would say they last a long time and the quality is good for the $$. :)

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I ended up with a new CompTac Minotaur and it swallows my full sized xdm.40 no problem. Used it this past weekend for an IDPA match and the R.O. giggled every time I drew it out. Couldn't believe I had a whole gun stuffed down there! And it's comfy, too! CompTac said they would get it to me Friday and I was surprised to see it showed up a few days EARLY! And free candy! Quality is top notch and I have zero complaints.

• 2 weeks later...

Bladetech is what I use. You can buy the DOH holster and use the DOH for steel and USPSA and then take the DO from the holster and run it in IDPA. I have CR mag holders and comptac mag holders. Both are great but comptac are cheaper.