Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I understand your reluctance, but regardless of the product, buying used comes with some inherent risks. I would probably buy used brass from someone that I would not buy a used scope from.

But I have a spotting scope that I bought from someone else and it's in perfect shape. And I have sold optics to others that were in very good shape and they got excellent buys on something that they might not have been willing to pay full price for.

I've been researching budget optics and thus far have read nothing but great things about the customer service provided by Vortex and Primary Arms. Vortex has a lifetime, no BS or questions asked warranty on their optics which makes buying used an attractive option. I'm more concerned with buying a knockoff Eotech or Aimpoint than the actual performance of a used optic. Most of the high dollar optics hold zero for thousands of rounds and are built like tanks so again, I'm not too concerned about an issue of performance. I'm inherently frugal, which is why I'm looking at budget optics in the first place, but I would always prefer saving a couple/few hundred bucks buying quality used than new. On top of everything else, buying used will typically get you more for your money.

Whoa, this went the wrong direction! I don't even remember the last time I bought a used item, and had regrets.

I was attempting to start a discussion about what YOU do not buy used.

Sorry... Toilet paper, feminine hygiene products, and diapers.

:roflol:

He said shooting related. :ph34r:

I'd buy most anything used, except certain items. Barrels, fire control parts, parts/items that have no lifetime warranty, or I can't fix if broke/misused/hacked on.

The reputation and or my knowledge of the seller will usually guide me on what I will or will not buy used.

Edited by DWFAN