Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75 SP01 Shadow Mags

Wilfred

Hi,

I'm new to the CZ75 SP01 Shadow scene. I'd like to know which magazines are compatible with the SP01 shadow.

- Will the CZ75B mags be compatible with the shadow?

- Will the CZ85 mags be compatible with the shadow?

Thanks for the input.

Wilfred

The better ones, if not best for the $$, are SP-01 18rds ones with +10% spring, IMHO. VERY reliable, if I must use 'very' in addition to 'reliable'.

CZ-USA used to have sales on those at $90 for 3 mags. Get extra followers as they fall apart after 20K rds shot or so.

There are also Meg-Gar 17rds AFC mags that are very good as well.

I've run the 16 and 18 round CZ magazines. The 18 round mags needed a spring change quite prematurely (in my opinion). I've gone to the +10% as mentioned above.

For what it is worth, my preference is with the MecGar 17 rounders. They are shorter (more box clearance) than the CZ and I think the springs are better.

$24 each isn't too bad either...

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=97_130&products_id=591

For replacement springs and followers I picked up some Grams recently and they are great. Strong throughout the cycle without being impossible to load full if you want. Mecgar is the best price and I find they work great, the 19 rounders have a little weak spring tension after a while.

• 4 weeks later...

Just get the Meg-Gars it's cheaper, reliable and doesn't need to change the springs. CZ 19 round mags the one that comes with the gun SUCKS! for the cure you have to spend another $$ to change the springs to get them reliable. Meg-Gar 17 or 19 rounder runs 100% all day to me.

Edited by JetPow

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know where the CZ75 18 (19) round mags are available?- part# 11152

I need these to fit my CZ75 B SA with a magwell. Can't find them anywhere. The mecgars won't fit with a magwell because the tube body is shorter than the CZ brand mag.

I have 3 new mecgar 17 rounders that I don't need and will either trade or sell.