Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 G3G Practical Shotgun Challenge July 6-7 at The World Shooting Co

Gateway 3-Gun is proud to present the G3G Practical Shotgun Challenge hosted by the World Shooting Recreation Complex in Sparta, IL July 6-7 2013 !!!

Huge Prize Table! Current Sponsors include: AP Customs, Nordic, Brownells, MGM, Shooter's Source, The Korte Company, and BoomerShooter. MANY more sponsors to be added between now and the event.

The World Shooting Recreation Complex is the LARGEST Shotgun facility in the world !!! There will be over 20 Practical Shotgun stages designed by some of the best shooters in the sport spread across the entire facility!

More details to come! On-line registration details coming soon!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like fun. Will keep my eyes open, probably be on family vacation with that being weekend after 4th of July. Also not really comfortable entering Illinois...

You won't have any trouble in southern IL. Stay away from Chicago, and keep your ammo out of your guns until you get to the match.

Edited by Vespid_Wasp

Sounds like fun. Will keep my eyes open, probably be on family vacation with that being weekend after 4th of July. Also not really comfortable entering Illinois...

You won't have any trouble in southern IL. Stay away from Chicago, and keep your ammo out of your guns until you get to the match.

Illinois has some outstanding shooting complexes, the state just gets a bad rap because of the policies the Chicago politician levy on the good people in the rest of the state.

Oh yeah....that G3G match sounds like a good one. I'll be watching for the sign up.

Kurt, There's should be no worry going to Sparta. Just make your guns legal for taking into Illinois and all should be good. Living right accross the Big Muddy, in St, Louis, I've often felt the same about going into Obama's home state. A feeling of loathing comes to mind as I have to disarm myself to be "legal" when crossing the JB bridge and enter Illinois. As I drive just below the speed limit through Columbia, IL and next Waterloo, IL. I feel more relaxed having passed their local radar traps. Once I reach Red Bud, IL. I start to get excited because I know good times and good people are only a short drive away.

Steve

Seriously guys, this always comes up and it is a non-issue. Unload your guns, put them in cases, and obey the traffic laws and you will be just fine :)

Every August over 7,000 shooters from around the world successfully make their way to Sparta, with their guns, (without incident) for the Grand American. And that is just for 1 of the many large events hosted at Sparta each year.

Edited by JTMaddox

Do I wish our gun laws were more like some of our neighboring states...yes. Do I avoid Chicago just out of general principal...yes. Do I worry about driving through Southern Illinois with a truck full of guns on the way to a match...not for a minute

Not trying to be an a** but it is your choice. For me I choose to live in TN.

Sounds like a great match. Have fun!

Seriously guys, this always comes up and it is a non-issue. Unload your guns, put them in cases, and obey the traffic laws and you will be just fine :)

Every August over 7,000 shooters from around the world successfully make their way to Sparta, with their guns, (without incident) for the Grand American. And that is just for 1 of the many large events hosted at Sparta each year.

O/U's and single barrel trap guns aren't exactly in the same league as tactical shotguns in the eyes of those ignorant enough to demonize guns. On a practical note how would one fly into Chicago and be legal?

On a practical note how would one fly into Chicago and be legal?

St. Louis is the closest airport, only about 45 minutes from the range. Really easy to get in and out of. All the airlines are used to handling firearms, but I've found Southwest to be particularly gun friendly :)

Chicago is about 5 hours from Sparta. I've connected through Chicago with checked guns before with no problems, but never started or ended up there.

Would be willing to share with us some of the stage designers names?

Like most every match in the country, I am, by their location forced to fly and

I would like a better feel for what I can expect. Knowing who is behind the match

goes I long way in determining where I spend my precious vacation time and money.

Thank you.

I would like a better feel for what I can expect. Knowing who is behind the match

goes I long way in determining where I spend my precious vacation time and money.

Thank you.

Pat, it would be amazingly cool if your could make it out for the match!

Aaron Parmenter and I will be the match directors and we have had an unbeleivable response from the shooting community wanting to help and be involved with this match. As much as I'd like to start dropping names, it probably wouldn't be fair to put anybody on the spot until we have worked out all the details :)

This is going to be a great match at a great facility! We have lined up some Outstanding sponsors so far like AP Customs, Nordic, Brownells, MGM, Shooters Source, and BoomerShooter with many more in the works and being finalized every day!

We will update everyone with information as it becomes available, so keep checking here and on http://www.facebook.com/gateway3gun

Noveske has now officially signed on as a Sponsor for the Gateway 3-Gun Practical Shotgun Challenge!

The Noveske Shooting Team will be doing "something really cool" the day before the match. Keep an eye out for details coming soon from the NST!

Edited by JTMaddox

Thank you.

Pat, it would be amazingly cool if your could make it out for the match!

Aaron Parmenter and I will be the match directors and we have had an unbeleivable response from the shooting community wanting to help and be involved with this match. As much as I'd like to start dropping names, it probably wouldn't be fair to put anybody on the spot until we have worked out all the details :)

This is going to be a great match at a great facility! We have lined up some Outstanding sponsors so far like AP Customs, Nordic, Brownells, MGM, Shooters Source, and BoomerShooter with many more in the works and being finalized every day!

We will update everyone with information as it becomes available, so keep checking here and on http://www.facebook.com/gateway3gun

Well, I think it is going to be amazingly cool to be there! Sign me up!

Whoa! Only 10 hour drive. I think I'll make this my second big match next year.

Practical questions:

How far away is parking from the stages? Do i need to bring my cart? Any tube restrictions? What facilities are available at the complex?

And most importantly...... How cool is the tshirt going to look? :goof:

Edited by FishingFool