Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best shooting city

If you could pick any region of the country in which to live based only on proximity, quantity, and frequency of quality USPSA competition what would it be? I'll be doing my own research but I need suggestions to start.

Thanks for any input.

Jacksonville, Fl has 6 USPSA weekend matches monthly, 4 Saturday 2 Sunday within 120 mile radius. 4 matches are within 50 miles. In addition to the USPSA matches there are 4 Steel Challenge Matches monthly within the same area. All this with weather for shooting year around.

Mesa Arizona! 3 matches a week and within 45 minute drive of 3 othe ranges that host matches. Matches in Prescott and Tucson as well.

More national championships from Rio than any other club in the nation thanks to TGO, Angus,Nils, Enos,Sara, Kippi

Shoot year round in sunny AZ! A shooting mecca.

dcalvert

+1 for Jacksonville. Several opportunities to shoot every month, with good southern people to shoot with. Nevermind the additional benefits of an NFL team that you can always get tickets for the games (yeah we suck), beautiful beaches and fishing, and a gun show almost every month. Hot women. J-Ville rocks.

+2 for Jax. What wasn't mentioned is the major matches we have here within reasonable driving distance. Fl. States, Ga States, area 6, Steel nats, Pro-Am in Frostproof, just recently IPSC nats. I could go on and on and probably take up a page naming big matches and local ones around here. That......and good people, which IMO, makes a huge difference.

Denver Colorado..... Each month we have the following Pistol shooting activities to choose from, all within 100 miles of Denver. These are just the weekend matches. There are probably another half dozen week day matches to shoot as well.

10+ USPSA Matches

2+ Steel Challenge Matches

2+ IDPA Matches

1 Bianchi Match

Denver Colorado..... Each month we have the following Pistol shooting activities to choose from, all within 100 miles of Denver. These are just the weekend matches. There are probably another half dozen week day matches to shoot as well.

10+ USPSA Matches

2+ Steel Challenge Matches

2+ IDPA Matches

1 Bianchi Match

That must make for a busy summer. Your bear looks like it's getting ready to hibernate!!! :sight:

Wow, there is some serious shooting activity around Denver.

Just wondering, how is the USPSA scene in the Colorado Springs area? I recently had a job offer from there and was kind of toying with the idea.

Locally here in the Space Coast/Cape Canaveral area going to a USPSA match every weekend is very doable, and there is at least one steel match each month (I hear there may soon be two) plus lots of big matches are held in Frostproof and the Universal Shooting Academy. I'd say this is one of the better areas for USPSA shooting.