Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help with split glock butt

dvcist

Traded with a glock owner. I discovered this part of the frame when I took off the magwell and I wonder how I can fix it. Has anybody experienced this? If so, did you use a glue like gorilla or sumthin?

Help, suggestion appreciated. Dont ask me bout the work on the frame I didnt do it lol!

Thank you

Traded with a glock owner. I discovered this part of the frame when I took off the magwell and I wonder how I can fix it. Has anybody experienced this? If so, did you use a glue like gorilla or sumthin?

Help, suggestion appreciated. Dont ask me bout the work on the frame I didnt do it lol!

Thank you

Have a picture so we know what we are looking at?

Don,t use epoxy, to unstable to heat . . it delaminates from the polymer base at about 125 degrees, . . . . think table start in the summer.

I've succsefuly used urithane addhesives to repair grips from people that have had extra special work they did that went very wrong.

I say leave it as is is its not hurting anything. You could also send it to glock with the factory parts ie no upgraded trigger parts or they wont come back and if its warrenty is free if not its like 43 bucks for a replacement frame

Will it have to be DROS again since it will be a new frame and will I have the same serial number?

If this is possible then I can also use the gun for production if I get a new frame.

Thank you

My 35 is cracked like that. Not sure when it happened but it doesn't hurt anything. Unless you have a sweet lanyard setup you are wanting to run. You could always do a Sevigny speedway setup if you want to fix/hide it. They fill the whole plug area with epoxy.

My 35 is cracked like that. Not sure when it happened but it doesn't hurt anything. Unless you have a sweet lanyard setup you are wanting to run. You could always do a Sevigny speedway setup if you want to fix/hide it. They fill the whole plug area with epoxy.

Didnt know I have options this much.

Thank you much guys.

Go with JB Weld. You can do it from inside the gap and it won't be noticeable unless you're still using the magwell. Leave it alone if you're using the magwell. I know it bothers you knowing it's there, I guess you'll just have to buy a new frame.

• 3 weeks later...

I went with JB weld and although I am not used to magwells, I slapped in a heavy magwell. Boy, thought the magwell would improve my shooting. I was faster changing mags without magwell(you better believe it) and I drew gun slower. I even installed a long tungsten guide rod but I was better off with the short one that fits my 17. Maybe its just a matter of time before I get used to this set up.

Not trying to prove anything just saying as I beat a master shooter with a bill drill with my stock 34 and he was shooting an open gun some stages some matches and a few others every once in a while. Still have a lot to learn but it was an eye opener to me.

Sorry to get off topic . JB weld it was.

I suppose if it bugs you, you can try and fix it.

I had a OD 17 with the same issue. It held a glockmiester plug and I was shooting production, so I just left it alone.

It will still shoot. :cheers:

Same here... OD 17 did same thing. Never seemed to cause a problem.

• 2 weeks later...