Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

We have not met yet, but I have been hearing a lot about you.

You are going to cause major disruptions to me and countless others.

Right now I am moving a ton (literally and figuratively) of stuff including my re-loading components in anticipation of your arrival.

Odds are heavily stacked against me that we will get flooded (again)

Of course it does not help that I live in a flood prone area.

Be safe and stay dry.

I hear you. I'm just a little further north than you and my shop flooded during Irene last year. I wasn't able to move back in until march because of insurance taking their sweet time to approve the claim and get the place gutted and rebuilt. Doing alot more prep work this time but if mother nature wants in, shes gonna get in. If we get flooded again, this will be the 3rd 100 year storm to cause flooding by me in 13 years.

Been kind of windy here all day and the oceans pretty pissed off. Expecting an epic swell next couple days once she passes and things clean up. South Beach and PR had the swell today but crowded, damn!!! Jersey has deep water, a short shelf and narrow barrier islands, they always get a bad surge. You're all in my prayers.

I think that a mandatory evacuation would be one of the hardest things that I could face. I'd probably stay behind and guard my stuff. It would kill me to have to leave anything behind. Up until March I lived 100 yards off the beach, and never once had to worry about floods. Now I'm eight blocks off the ocean and have seen more flooding from rain than anything but we've remained high and dry. Best of luck, prayers are with you.

Here in Cape Cod the trend has been to build closer and closer to the ocean. If you drive around you see the old Captain's houses which have stood for hundreds of years. Guess what........ None on them are on the water. They knew better.

Storm surge will not bother me where I live. My greatest concern is power outages. Hope they don't happen. I have too much work to get done this week. Surgery 2 weeks away and I need to be all caught up. I hate dragging a 200# generator around with me :angry2:

Son works at a home center. One rule they started a few storms ago. Plywood is non returnable :roflol: :roflol:

Best of luck to those in the path

My advise... Never ride one out. You don't know what will end up happening and usually there is nothing you can do when it does happen.

Leave your "stuff" and... if it is damaged... I, or someone just like me.... will get you up and running again.....

I am heading "up North" in an hour or so to stage up and wait for the water to go down in a couple/few days...

Went through Elena, Georges,Katrina and Isaac as a police officer. You never realize until after it hits you had no idea what you would need, and not be able to get after the storm. I will say a prayer for you guys in teh northeast, because I do have an idea what you will face.