Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

B&P slugs

Romans 13 4

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered some to try out.. if nothing else just for practice. Here's the length I measure:

Fiocchis:2.372"

BPs (green) : 2.315"

ETA: This was a sample size of one each..:)

Wow-that is significantly shorter than the old blue ones. If they shoot like the blue ones, I'll go with a case.

Got to try some out in today's match courtesy of Kampr.

Perfect function out of 3 different VersaMax shotguns with positive ejection.

Accuracy was good enough to hit plates at 75 yards with ease.

Shells are shorter than Winchester Ranger Reduced Recoil slugs and fit the same CCW caddies that I run for birdshot.

I will be ordering a case!

Mick

Anyone out there tried any of the new ones in a CZ-712U?

I tested these on a 712 that I’ve opened the gas ports and runs Win reduced recoil slugs reliably.

Although quite accurate and soft shooting, all but one stove-piped the hull in the ejection port. Not enough oomph to hit the ejector with enough force.

Anybody have set of ksmirk’s springs that they’re not using?

Anyone out there tried any of the new ones in a CZ-712U?

I tested these on a 712 that I’ve opened the gas ports and runs Win reduced recoil slugs reliably.

Although quite accurate and soft shooting, all but one stove-piped the hull in the ejection port. Not enough oomph to hit the ejector with enough force.

Anybody have set of ksmirk’s springs that they’re not using?

Well, that's a bummer. I just ordered the gun and parts to build it up. Most of what I've read/been told is that they like heavy (shot weight) loads, anyhow.

Ah well.

sigh..... I knew I should have ordered the shells as soon as I saw them on the website. Just put in an order and it is "awaiting shipment". Same thing they told me last year when I tried to order, soooo I'm thinking they are out of stock again.

Gordon

sigh..... I knew I should have ordered the shells as soon as I saw them on the website. Just put in an order and it is "awaiting shipment". Same thing they told me last year when I tried to order, soooo I'm thinking they are out of stock again.

Gordon

I got the same message a month ago. They arrived four days later,... a couple days after that, I received the shipping info.

Anyone else try these new style slugs in the SLP?

I want to order some, but need to make sure they are working ok.

Thanks!!

They work great in my SLP with Sure Cycle piston and in my buddy's SLP with the light piston. Very accurate slug.

The old ones cycled my SLP great and were fairly accurate. No reason to think that these won't be the same. I'll try some of the new ones in my SLP and my Versa as soon as they get in. I also got the "awaiting shipment" notice, but my card got charged so they should be here soon. My anticipation is that they will work well. If not, I'll move them and snap up some more fiocchi 7/8oz. The shorter length might be due to customer feedback. I know that some people experienced problems with the old one's being too long for some shotshell caddies. I had to readjust my Mark Otto caddies for the Fiocchis.