Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single stack questions?

jhugz

1.) is squaring the trigger guard legal?

2.) Checkering the front strap, trigger guard, and grip safety legal?

3.) Pinning the grip safety down?

4.) Extended mag release, slide release?

I've searched all of them, and Im pretty sure my answer is yes to all. However coming from a teaching background I want to know why and how the rules back it up. I've obviously read the USPSA rule book, but can someone help a newbie out.

1.) is squaring the trigger guard legal?

2.) Checkering the front strap, trigger guard, and grip safety legal?

3.) Pinning the grip safety down?

4.) Extended mag release, slide release?

I've searched all of them, and Im pretty sure my answer is yes to all. However coming from a teaching background I want to know why and how the rules back it up. I've obviously read the USPSA rule book, but can someone help a newbie out.

All legal per current USPSA SSD rules. Like many rulebooks, if not specifically disallowed, it's allowed.

Welcome to Single Stack :cheers:

Ok I think I got it. For single stack if its not prohibited, it's allowed. Whereas in Production it must be aloud according to the rules. IE an inclusive list. Does this sound right? Just trying to get a better understanding of the rules. Thanks.

All legal per current USPSA SSD rules. Like many rulebooks, if not specifically disallowed, it's allowed.

Ok I think I got it. For single stack if its not prohibited, it's allowed. Whereas in Production it must be aloud according to the rules. IE an inclusive list. Does this sound right? Just trying to get a better understanding of the rules. Thanks.

Dont go to crazy right out of the gate. If you have the gun already, then you are probably set. There are certain changes that will limit your options, ie squared trigger guard = limited holster options.

All of your changes sound legal.

In SS it has to be a single stack 1911, it has to fit in the box with a mag in it (defined in the rulebook), and it has to be less than or equal to 43 ounces with an empty mag in it.

There are a lot of 2011 holsters that will work with the square trigger guard so that should not be an issue.

That is not entirely true. While most modifications have been approved they are mainly in the cosmetic area. The areas you covered are all OK, but if you are thinking of something "out of the box", you need to check with NROI.

Gary

classic "factory" configuration is ok if it makes weight regardless of internal mods. The only gray area might be deep serrations as they could be considered lightening. Best to check with NROI for a specific ruling. I would carry approval docs with you if you plan to attend any major matches if your gun is in question.

classic "factory" configuration is ok if it makes weight regardless of internal mods. The only gray area might be deep serrations as they could be considered lightening. Best to check with NROI for a specific ruling. I would carry approval docs with you if you plan to attend any major matches if your gun is in question.

thank you :cheers:

Just to be clear, you might be idpa legal with that gun, but probably wont be uspsa legal.

Internal lightening- if you are referring to the slide, not legal.

If the slide is lightened to match a factory configuration, it should be legal. Colt Lightweight guns and pre70 Gold Cups had lightened slides. You should be able to have the slide lightened to match this and still be legal.

• 3 weeks later...

Additional question:

Tri-top cut

Deep Serration front and rear ( SV cut)

Internal Lightening

Tungsten Barrel

With all this mods the total weight 42grms

Are these mods allowed?

If your gun weighs 1.5 oz, you've probably done something that makes it illegal for USPSA. :devil:

If your gun weighs 1.5 oz, you've probably done something that makes it illegal for USPSA. :devil:

That's like the Front Sight article about the SS Nats a couple of years ago that stated that Nils was running a 32oz gun. :devil:

Not sure how anyone could take 10oz. off of a 5" gun under the current rule set.

Additional question:

Tri-top cut

Deep Serration front and rear ( SV cut)

Internal Lightening

Tungsten Barrel

With all this mods the total weight 42grms

Are these mods allowed?

Recoil must be hell!