Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas State Open Championship 2013

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

Alex and I are working to bring ya'll a great training opportunity for the match this year. I will be offering a course on Friday, March 8th that will consist of a “Fundamentals Tune Up” in the morning, and then moving on to more advanced skills like Shooting On The Move and being able to decide when it’s appropriate, moving targets and finishing up with stage breakdown and mental game as time allows. After that, I am going to squad with the class during the match and coach them through each stage, I'll even go first on every stage if ya'll like! Expect to shoot around 750 rounds or so on the training day, plus the amount you'll need for the match itself. I'm really looking forward to this, as I love this type of training/coaching combinations. Cost (all inclusive for targets, range fees and such on Friday) is $250 per person, but please note that it does NOT include your entry fee to the match and that will need to be paid separately. To sign-up send me an email at bj@bjnorris.com and I'll get your name on the list. I expect it to fill pretty quickly, so don't delay!

Class is already half full, better reserve your spot soon!

Someone told me last weekend that this match has moved to the Greenwood Practical Shooters range in Greenwood, Texas. Is that correct? I see nothing about it on any of the sites.

I spoke earlier this evening with Alex Casis, the match director. The location of the match has NOT changed.

It will be held at the Impactzone Range on March 8-10, 2013.

Saturday and Sunday are now full but there are a few openings for anyone interested in shooting all 12 stages on Friday.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

Someone told me last weekend that this match has moved to the Greenwood Practical Shooters range in Greenwood, Texas. Is that correct? I see nothing about it on any of the sites.

I spoke earlier this evening with Alex Casis, the match director. The location of the match has NOT changed.

It will be held at the Impactzone Range on March 8-10, 2013.

Saturday and Sunday are now full but there are a few openings for anyone interested in shooting all 12 stages on Friday.

Bill

Well said Bill,Thank you.

Allow me to introduce Bill Murray as our stages design coordinator of Texas State Open Championship since 2011.

Are spectators allowed and is there any facility entry fee?

Spectators get in for free but are required to have both hearing and eye protection. Feel free to help tape targets, set steel and if you get tired of that, you have my permission to load my magazines. No prior experience necessary.

Just come on out and have a good time.

Bill

Spectators get in for free but are required to have both hearing and eye protection. Feel free to help tape targets, set steel and if you get tired of that, you have my permission to load my magazines. No prior experience necessary.

Bill

Not to get off topic, but in my experience spectators who tape and reset are often the cause of reshoots. How about we just stick to having them load your mags? :)

There are only 3 hotels in Brookshire that i can recommend within 11 miles away from the range and along I-10:

1. La Quinta

2. Executive Inn

3. Super 8

I do not suggest these hotels - Trust me - When that train comes by in the night your going to think your under attack. Try Sealy hotels or far west houston Hotels.

• 2 weeks later...

There are only 3 hotels in Brookshire that i can recommend within 11 miles away from the range and along I-10:

1. La Quinta

2. Executive Inn

3. Super 8

I do not suggest these hotels - Trust me - When that train comes by in the night your going to think your under attack. Try Sealy hotels or far west houston Hotels.

Will serving Beer for you not to worry about train,LOL.

Bill

Not to get off topic, but in my experience spectators who tape and reset are often the cause of reshoots. How about we just stick to having them load your mags? :)

Don't worry i got taught the fine arts of not screwing up when i shot the classifier.