Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Odd Mag Release Issues

DFinan

I have noticed on my phantom that if I keep the mag release button pressed the mags dont drop free clearly on my phantom. If I press and release they drop about 90% of the time, about 10% of the time, I have hit the mg release again. Anyone have any experience with this issue or any suggestions on how to correct it?

modifed the mag release spring at the bottom of one leg. at point where it enters the release. bend to direction of the other leg. this reduces the tension and blocks the release from being depressed too far.

modifed the mag release spring at the bottom of one leg. at point where it enters the release. bend to direction of the other leg. this reduces the tension and blocks the release from being depressed too far.

Any pictures to go with that? For the dummies amongst us? ;)

I have the same problem with my TS 9mm. Occassionally. I'd love to try something out to see if it would fix it...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Reviving the old tread.

Had the same issue with my shadow, bent the spring as shown in the picture above- all great, magazines don't stick anymore. Only issue- mag release button has some free play as the spring doesn't hit the sides of the notch. Any ideas?