Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MTAC Throw Lever

Zmego

I have a Burris MTAC scope on the way and I would like to put a throw lever on it. I have previous experience with the MGM Switchview and I really liked the length and leverage it gave. The problem is I am not entirely sure what MGM model to get for the MTAC.

I called MGM today and they said to get the one for the Millet DMS (model #SVMDMS) and that it will work for the MTAC. However, I have been shopping on CPWSA.com and their website say that two different models are compatible with the MTAC, the Meopta Meostar and the lever for the Razor HD.

I am sufficiently confused and could use some help. Does anyone currently use and MGM Switchview on an MTAC that can confirm what one(s) will work?

Thanks for the help.

I can confirm that the MGM Switchview intended for the DMS Millett works on the Burris MTac. I did have one problem though, the screws are a tad too short since the diameter of the MTac is a hair bigger than the Millett. One solution is to get longer screws from a screw shop, or the other option (the one I did) was to countersink the screw holes slightly.

I recently went through the same thing and chose the MGM SVIORCQB. There's only 0.013 difference in the size of the IOR and the MTAC according to MGM website. The SVIORCQB tightened up nicely with room to spare using the screws provided. I decided to give this one a try because I didn't like the lug cut out in the DMS Millet. Works great. Hope this helps.

post-12069-0-15377300-1348037710_thumb.j

I have an MGM SwitchView for the Meopta Meostar on one MTAC - fits and works fine.

My other MTAC wears a fishing reel holder that works good too. $23.29 shipped (for TWO)

I use the NC-1 model

One thing about the fishing gear - if / when the lever hits the edge of a dump barrel :( it is unlikely the scope will be damaged :D

The picture below is close, but not exactly what you get - on the NC1 there is a plastic flange 'inside' the flange the nut pushes on. This inner piece engages quite positively with the knurl on the MTAC zoom ring. After installing I cut off the extra 'tails' flush with the nut - there are plenty of threads left to get it back off and on.

nbreakawaycoaster.jpg

Edited by njd

• 2 weeks later...

We have our own engraved switchviews from MGM with our logo's on them. If anybody is interested let me know... I ran one for the first time this year and loved the way it handled.

http://www.hellscanyonarmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/img_0181.jpg[/img}

http://www.hellscanyonarmory.com/index.php/hca-switchview-lever-by-mgm.html

Mike