Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 03-12

Flexmoney

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shot this Open and kind of struggled. I shot the right port first (right to left) because I can easily reach the inner most target without kneeling down, then I went to the left port and went to my knees shooting left to right. Watch the 180. One of the guys remarked I looked really off balance (I was) and I almost hit the pistol on the wall shooting PP2. The young, agile, mobile guys will shoot this one quickly without kneeling, but middle aged fat guys are sure to despise this classifier with an unrivaled passion.

Enough babble. My time was 10.55 with 56 points for a hit factor of 5.3081. A friend of mine (Limited Master) shot it in 8.97 with 54 points.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Shot this one today, and after a months worth of crappy classifiers, it felt good to shoot one well. I was surprised to see there was no mandatory reload.

Shot the left side first, left to right. Kind of hunched over, felt crappy and slow. Shot the right side right to left.

Open HF: 6.4596

52 points

8.05 seconds.

If I figured this right, that's a 96%. Someone check my math?

ETA:

11/13/04 Update--->96.8412%

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow, just looked this one up. I was stressing before this stage and bitching about the sub-70% number I thought I shot. Wrong.

Tampa Bay Match

Looks like my Ltd factor of 5.9649 comes out to 93.89%. After a string of 80% scores, this one is satisfying. Even with the make-up shot that cost me a 100...

Looks like HanginChad's Open factor of 6.5668 is = 98.45%.

As a B shooter does he still need to email/call Sedro Wooley to have this one count???

• 3 weeks later...

I shot this one last weekend... 10.10 secs 58 points for a 5.7426 HF.

Went right first then left - of course, being 5'2"ALMOST I didn't have to crouch very far so my transition back to the right was real smooth. I shot the left side inside to out and the right side outside to in.

Holy crap - that's an 85% classifier for me :)

Edited by Shooter Grrl

Hmmmmm   no vision barriers on the top of the bars..............

What's that mean John?

I think it means that...if a shooter wanted to...they could stick the gun under the bar and keep their head above...and still sight the gun. Might save from having to squat so much.

That was the work around 20 years ago. If yer lucky y'all will get to be "Super Seniors" and it will all make sense to ya....... :D You stop looking for the fast way and look for the ONLY way thru the COF.

Stage: 5    Ironsides
Place Name                   Class  Division    Pts  Pen  Time   Hit Fact  Stg Pts     Stg %
   6 Ellis, Hank              C    Limited 10   50   0   21.50   2.3256   31.3705    52.28%

Returned as 36.6999%.

Not one for those of us with bad backs. It was painful to watch one Super Senior struggle through it. He still did better than I with better hits with a slower time.

Shot it a while back at a special classifier match, LTD was a 5.1493 HF and open for 6.8387 HF. Accoring to that calculator my open score is 102%?

Let me know what that comes in at (exactly) when USPSA gets it...we will twaek the calculator. (our webmaster had to input tons and tons of data to get the calculator running...and some of the 03 classifiers don't have much to compare to).

Keep giving feed back...we will get it tweaked.

Shot it a while back at a special classifier match, LTD was a 5.1493 HF and open for 6.8387 HF.  Accoring to that calculator my open score is 102%?

Let me know what that comes in at (exactly) when USPSA gets it...we will twaek the calculator. (our webmaster had to input tons and tons of data to get the calculator running...and some of the 03 classifiers don't have much to compare to).

Keep giving feed back...we will get it tweaked.

Ok, fresh from Sedro, my limited HF was good for 81.0568% and the open HF was 100%.

Shot it a while back at a special classifier match, LTD was a 5.1493 HF and open for 6.8387 HF. Accoring to that calculator my open score is 102%?

My calc script is correct, I do not cap the percentages at 100.0000% like sedro does.

In the real world it is quite possible for someone to shoot over the set HHF of a stage and my calc will show you when this happens....hence why your percentage came in at 102.5246% when using my calc.

My February LTD score above came in at 93.8955%

Chad's Feb OPEN score above came in at 98.4484%

If you shoot this, remember that the far paper A-zones are more difficult then the steel close by.

To answer the vision barrier question - yes, you can hook your gun above the crossbar and shoot that way. I used to do that with my C-More/Caspian open gun on classifiers like this. There was one called XMAS or similar - gave me a good %. Now I shoot a Ltd Glock with my arms straight so I didn't do it this time.

TMC - Congrats on the A card!