Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 03-12

Flexmoney

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I shot this one in March and again in April 2005. side note: I wish the 4 local clubs in my area could communicate better on what classifiers they have planned.

On this stage I always go RIGHT 1st then left, and on this particular stage in April I remember after going left, I almost stumbled when crouching down, and ended up sort-of "falling" to the right against the barricade at the end, and could have sworn my last shot on the paper was going to be a MIKE! Boy was I happy when we scored 'em up!

In March I did good ........ 53 points in 12.04 sec. for a 4.4020 HF. But then I shot it again in April at the Oxford, OH match and did MUCH better: 58 points in 8.91 seconds for a 6.5095 HF!

And according to Flex's classifier calculator I shot that at 97.5893% "National Percentage"!

Ladies and Gentlemen ............. for a C-Class Open Glock shooter ........... Thats GM level shooting! WOO HOO!~! :D:D:D

Im just a little disapointed that Sedro W. is going to have to throw away my March score just because two local clubs had the same classifier one-after-another. That March score was 65.9940% when I normally shoot in the mid-50's to low-60's. That's not too hateful either!

But I'll take a GM score over a B any day!

We shot this yesterday at our monthly club match. I started on the right side, taking the paper first from right to left, thought my reload went pretty good moving to the left side where I struggled a bit.

Production

50 points

14.13 seconds

3.5386 HF

Looks like it should come in around 65 %, which should put me at or near the top in the Top 20 list for C Production nationally. One more good classifier over 60 % and I'll finally make B in Production.

Shot this one today at Silver Creek Conservation Club.

Clyde nailed it at 9.97 with 58 points, 5.8175 HF should put him at 91.5752% according to the calculator and the actual percentages on file for some who posted here.

I shot it in 9.51 with 49 points, 5.1525 HF should put me at 81.102%. I had 3 deltas and 2 charlies with only 4 paper targets, that blows.

I would like to be 10 flat and a little cleaner next time.

I shot left side first working from the inside out, then right side from outside in.

• 1 month later...

I shot this one yesterday 5-21-05 in the LIMITED class and did it in 9.91 sec with 56 points which would have put me at 88.9511%,,,HOWEVER, they dinged me for a procedural because (on the right side of the barricade) I had my right knee on the right side 2X4 and it slipped off onto the ground just outside the box so because of this my classifier is now at 73.0681%.

Huh, what a bummer.

I shot this with revolver at the same match as TRP and it looks like I shot it too well so they won't count it as I'm a B shooter. The calculator shows it at 107 % in revolver division? Don't know how that can be. 11.70 seconds for a hit factor of 4.7863.

After the match I shot it with my Glock for a limited classifer which, according to the calculator, should be a 86%. 9.8 seconds or so. My hit factor was about the same as yours, Steve, but I did not receive any procedurals. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Keith

• 2 months later...

shot this stage today at the monthly match. If i can get out of the vicous cycle of getting a mike on the last 4 classifiers ive shot, i might get out of 'C' class someday.

Open class, 49 points, 1 mike, 10.41sec, 3.7464HF, 56.1654%

I shot this Classifier in Feb when I was a C class Ltd I think and got a 72%. I shot it again yesterday as a B class LTD in 8.96 sec with 57 pts. I also shot it in production with a time of 9.40 with 50 pts.

Hit factor in LTD was 6.3616 and Prod 5.3191.

My percentage in LTD is a 66. something and I am unclassified in production.

This is the best I have done with classifiers, just had agood day I guess.

SCulp

A-51911

• 3 weeks later...

Keith,

Don't hold your breath.......

If it is a 100% (GM score) USPSA may take it.....

While in B class I shot a 96% (GM score) and they took it, running me way up into the A class ;) Right where you need to be :D

Good for you, you shot well....Keep it up, you going to Area - 5 ?

Carmoney needs many other revo shooters there to keep him Honest. :)

See you somewhere, Nationals for sure.

HOP

Sam,

They did accept it and it came in as a 100%. Just in time for nationals putting me in A class. I had enough 75%+ scores in there that even if they didn't accept it, I would have still made A, I believe. Might have been tight, though.

I have no plans for Area 5, but, in a few weeks Mike and Sam are coming up to MN for our sectional. Maybe I should be practicing. <_<

This classifier was my fourth classifier to finally get my Limited-10 classification, my first classification in any division. I shot it this past weekend down at Circleville. I shot it twice my first run was 57 points and 15.66 second for a HF of 3.6398.

I have noticed that I often have really high scores but it takes far too much time to hit everything. So when I reshot the classifier I focused on shooting a fast as I could and still hit the paper. I was not shooting for A’s but just trying to get two holes in each of the target and to nock the steel down with one shot each. My second run was 53 points and 12.34 second for a hit factor of 4.2950. I believe that is 67.8% nationally and my highest classifier yet.

I’m not sure that going outside the lines would have really save you that much time. Even though you could have established a better shooting position without so much leaning, especially on the weak side, I think you would have been tempted to move to far out and lost time in the transition to the other side. JMHO.

mcb

SG,

The setup notes define the shooting area.  But, you are right, in that the procedure doesn't make that clear. 

Right, and do you see anywhere in the setup notes how wide those sticks are supposed to be? Or do you even see anywhere in the setup notes anything other than the word barricade? There is no defined shooting area other than that the barricade is 4ft wide.

I didn't game it, but this needs to go up the flagpole and get fixed, no?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My first Open classifier...

53 pts / 8.49sec / 6.2426 HF

Funny...

Went to a local match today with the Glock20 dressed up with Cmore and KKM/comped bbl. I was going to test loads and sight-in the dot on Sat, but after driving an hour to the range.....I came to find the striker was broken...I never got a shot off.

Here it is Sunday morning, match day. I guessed at a good 10mm load being 8.5gr of Longshot with the 180gr bullet. I also needed to sight the cmore, so I c-clamped the gun to my workout bench and settled the ironsights on a bright maple leaf @50yds. I then "boresighted" the cmore's dot on the same leaf.

I had a terrible match trying to follow the dot for the first time, but the classifier worked out well. After the match I chrono'd the load.....207 PF!! The 180's chrono'd at 1150fps. This would be a great whitetail load. :)

Edited by TDean