Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help tightening AR upper and lower

Zmego

I just finished my first AR build and I was able to do so largely in part to the info I found or got on this forum so thank you to all who helped along the way. This was a budget build so I got a stripped PSA upper and lower, but they are not near as tight as I would like them. <_<

Any tricks or ideas on how to tighten them up? It seems like most of the play is from the rear take down pin. Will having them loose effect accuracy?

Then the accuwedge is what you want.

1171666900155235063501.jpeg

JP also makes a rear pin that will do the same thing but it requires a tool to take the rifle apart and that may or may not be your thing. http://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPTP-1

479.jpg

I think I might have one of each in the parts box. Want to try it out first ?

Edited by warpspeed

Then the accuwedge is what you want.

1171666900155235063501.jpeg

JP also makes a rear pin that will do the same thing but it requires a tool to take the rifle apart and that may or may not be your thing. http://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPTP-1

479.jpg

I think I might have one of each in the parts box. Want to try it out first ?

I went ahead and ordered me an accu wedge. Thank you for the offer though. It seems like this should cure my OCD....for now.

The accu wedge makes the problem worse. As it just pushes the receivers apart harder, overtime it wears more and more. You want to bring them together not force them apart.

Aarmalite has oversize take down pins, they will help tighten it up a bit and removed side wobble.

The accu wedge makes the problem worse. As it just pushes the receivers apart harder, overtime it wears more and more. You want to bring them together not force them apart.

Aarmalite has oversize take down pins, they will help tighten it up a bit and removed side wobble.

I've had the same Accu-Wedge in my DPMS for over 15 years with no adverse effects whatsoever.