Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Noveske MG Championship

Sat/Sun is full and I will not be increasing squad sizes. I know there are a few people who procrastinated and did not get squadded on Sat/Sun and are not arriving until Friday. If that is you, drop me a note. We will do everything we can to accomodate you, so don't freak out and send me nasty emails. :surprise: After 5 days down at the CO capitol, I may not respond as my normal cheery self. :roflol:

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stage 1, Freedom Munitions: 20R, 20P, 11B

Stage 2, Brownells: 0R, 16P, 17B

Stage 3, Warne: 22R, 20P, 12B

Stage 4, MagPul: 10R, 9P, 8B

Stage 5, Hornady: 28R, 28P, 0B

Stage 6, Blade-Tech: 12R, 12P, 12B

Stage 7, Center of Mass: 0R, 28P, 17B

Stage 8, Shooters Source: 13B, 8 Slugs, 9 Buckshot

Stage 9, Noveske: 24R, 0P, 0B

Total: 116R, 133P, 90B, 8 Slugs, 9 Buckshot (any size, flight control not recomended)

Edited by MarkCO

Sorry I missed a post on Buckshot. I spent Thursday night and all day Friday in the hospital hooked up to all kinds of machines and monitors. Bad news...I broke the toilet tank with my head when I passed out. Good news, Doctors could not find anything wrong with me after about $20K of tests. Dehydrated and overstressed is about as good as they could figure.

Buckshot, you can use what you want, but I won't be using Flite Control. Normal 00 should be fine, maybe #1 or #4 if you want to get greedy.

Sorry I missed a post on Buckshot. I spent Thursday night and all day Friday in the hospital hooked up to all kinds of machines and monitors. Bad news...I broke the toilet tank with my head when I passed out. Good news, Doctors could not find anything wrong with me after about $20K of tests. Dehydrated and overstressed is about as good as they could figure.

I imagine that the gun control crap in CO is pegging everyone's stress-o-meter. Combined with the challenge of putting on major match.... Still, ya' gotta take care of yourself. Glad you’re feeling better.

Buckshot, you can use what you want, but I won't be using Flite Control. Normal 00 should be fine, maybe #1 or #4 if you want to get greedy.

Dang! you gotta take care of your self brother

One tire is layed flat on the ground and the other is stood up on end 90deg up. You shoot on top of the standing up tire. As a shooting platform it moves around a bit. Last year, I took a couple of tires from my garage, stood one on the other and ran targets out to 400 for practice. Pretty tough prop. Everyone used the tires differently. Some hugged the tired and pushed them hard to make them steady. Some were more delicate in their approach. Fortunately, you won't be shooting more than 200yds and at a 10" plate. So the trick is to simply settle down, don't get psyched out, focus and get uour hits.

Had (will have) some shooting positions off 35"+ tires. Not that stable.

Ok now I am stumped , any one have a description of how this was used? Or maybey a photo ?

<_< will I get my hands dirty on the tire :o ?

A stack of 3 tires, a tire on edge sitting in another one flat, and then one flat on the ground. Shooting at 10" plates from about 180, 160 and 140 yards. Easy :devil:

Stages look great! We are definitely going to get our moneys worth. Can't wait.

Glad you like them.

Match Meals Menu

Friday

Breakfast Burritos (eggs, hash browns & cheese)

* Chorizo & Green Chile

* Country Bacon & Sausage

* Denver Ham, Onion & Peppers

w/ Orange Juice

BBQ Pulled Pork (w/ optional coleslaw) Sandwiches

w/ chips, cookie & drink

Saturday

* Chorizo & Green Chile

w/ Orange Juice

3 Cheese Meatball & Marinara on Garlic Toasted Subs

w/ chips, dessert & drink

Sunday

* Chorizo & Green Chile

w/ Orange Juice

Chicken & Green Chile Burritos (rice, refried beans & cheese)

w/ chips, dessert & drink

I've eaten Dawn's food...it is very good. :)

A few reminders...

Self squadding ends on Friday, March 15. Freedom Munitions ammo ordering closes March 16th. We do still have some slots open for the Friday/Saturday afternoon schedule as well as all day on Saturday.

The competitor breifing which includes the shooting schedule and other important information will be sent out March 19 using the USPSA competitor notice from the USPSA website. So if you have not received the last three notices, make sure you have the right email registered on USPSA.org.

Freedom Munitions pallet of loaded high capacity water bottles arrived...THANKS FREEDOM AGAIN!

Edited by MarkCO

From the stage description on Stage 8, it appears we have the choice of starting in the drivers seat with our shotgun pointed at the target or seated in the rear "on the deck" with our shotgun in a stage box.

Can I assume that means the car will be a convertible or have a sunroof? I am reloading with the quad load method primarily and looking for a heads up on how to practice my seated reloads.

Thanks

Can I assume that means the car will be a convertible or have a sunroof?

There is an opening in the roof through which you may choose to shoot.

Sounds great....thanks

You might hold that comment until after you shoot it. :roflol:

Seriously, it is not bad either way, but the choice of which way to shoot it is not easy.