Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broken trigger return spring ...

justaute

It broke during my practice session at the range. I replaced the broken TRS at the range for the very first time -- thank goodness to a CGW trigger pin and a slave pin. The entire replacement process took less than 5 minutes, with minimum number of tools.

I'm no burningsquirrel or eerw -- but I felt like one for a very brief moment. :cheers: Now if I can just shoot like they do...

Not a clue... I'd guess with both live-firing and dry-firing, MAYBE around 7k.

Any idea how many trigger pulls you had on it?

I've gotten pretty good at it. Unzip the black bag put the gun in, unzip other black bag pull back up out :roflol:

I can't imagine doing that at the range. It took me about 30 minutes to get the TRS back in last time I had the gun apart.

The CGW floating pin and the little slave pin that comes with it make all the difference. Must-haves in my book.

Shadow #1 has a TRS with easily 20k+ pulls. *knocks on wood* Still running strong. I keep it pretty wet.

2008 Shadow here with over 60K rounds thru it and some dryfiring too, still on original trigger spring.

The only things that failed on my Shadow - FO insert fell out at ~2-3K rounds, and slide stop broke at ~50K rounds.

I had a few CZ guns come thru my hands and it seems (personal experience) that regular TRS (trigger return spring) lasts longer as opposed to 'improved' czcustom TRS.

just polling: dry or wet? grease or oil?

i run my gun dry and mine broke

around 18k, or somewhere there. i forget...

lol

CZ75B DA/SA: I run mine wet, and the TRS broke somewhere around 20K.

I replaced the second one with a lighter spring for a while, and then went back to the second one. Maybe 25K+ on it.

I need slide stops worse than TRSs--3 broken

i've only witnessed two slide stops break, but it's pretty funny. it was mine and another dude's CZ. neither of us knew it was broken until sometime after a match. i think i was wondering why it didn't go to slide lock for a while and then i realized one time that i went to lock the slide back and the lever fell out of the gun. it still ran fine :) i hand cycled it and it seemed to still work since the break point was on the outside of the frame. took the slide stop off my carry gun and kept on going the next day. :cheers: pretty much the same thing happened to my friend too. he said it felt funny but worked fine as usual the whole day, and later he realized it was broken down the middle, lol.

Mine locked up the first time, another shooter loaned me his Shadow SS at the rest of the stages. It worked

All of mine broke almost dead center. I think the "peanut" hole is what breaks them.

I definitely carry a spare.

Edited by 1SOW

Slide stop usually breaks right in the middle. Left (half) side still does the job as far as locking slide back on empty mag.

Personally, I'd recommend replacing SS with new one after 30-40K rds even if it didn't break. And keep the other one as backup. That's for a cheapskate.

I always have a new SS in my range bag.

Thanks, all. FWIW...I've broken a total of four TRS on my Shadow that has about 20k rounds. One CZ original, two CZC, and one CGW. In addition, I've broken one slide stop and one adjustable LPA sight -- yes, I'm the King of breaking-parts. :roflol: