Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can Max win 'em all?

hoser

There are only three Area matches left this year. So far, Max Michel Jr. has won Open Division in all the Area matches that have taken place. :o

What do you think? Can Max sweep all 8 Area matches this year?

Sorry in advance if I jinxed you, Max. :(

Arnie

I think he can, but believe that he isn't shooting Area 1 due to his wedding.

Rich

Maybe he can make the match part of the honeymoon? :P

That is too bad, I think Todd Jarrett might be the only other person to accomplish the feat.

Arnie

Having nothing else to do but go to the Post Office and the BMV...I put together a document with the top finishers in Open at the Majors that Max has shot in the last year.

It looks like the "three pillars" of practical shooting are out of the picture for Open...

- Jerry seems to have retired from the sport?

- TGO doesn't seem hell bent on shooting Open with the dedication needed to win?

- TJ (current Open champ) hasn't shot Open all year.

That leaves the door wide Open for the next round of stars. That appears to be...

- Max

- JJ

- Chris

Max has lost to both in the past year (along with World Champ Eric G.). But, Max has won more than anybody. His shooting seems to be clean and consistent (kinda like TJ).

Top_Open.doc

I think he can, but believe that he isn't shooting Area 1 due to his wedding.

I can't believe that Max would let something silly like his wedding get in the way of sweeping all the Area matches!! After all, he can get married any time.... :D

After all, he can get married any time....

To the married folks on the boards, do y'all get to pick the date? Did you really have ANY say in the matter regarding the wedding? That's probably explanation enough. :D

Rich

Yes! How, you ask? Because the I chose the bestest and sanest (at the time anyway) bride in the whole world ---- who for reasons that still elude me continues to put up with me almost seventeen years later....

Because the I chose the bestest and sanest (at the time anyway) bride in the whole world ---- who for reasons that still elude me continues to put up with me almost seventeen years later....

Awwww..... :wub:

How sweeet.....

Disgusting. <_<:lol:

Rich

I have no doubt Max will win any of the remaining Area matches that he enters this year, and I feel just as strongly that he will win Nationals.

I had a chance to talk with him during the class that our club had, and I think he has discovered that his ability to improve is limitless. I think the addition of Travis Tomasie to the AMU has REALLY helped Max focus on his game. It never hurts to have a shooting partner that is a great GM, and a fantastic individual. It will be very cool seeing TT behind an open gun next year.....

Because the I chose the bestest and sanest (at the time anyway) bride in the whole world ---- who for reasons that still elude me continues to put up with me almost seventeen years later....

Awwww..... :wub:

How sweeet.....

Disgusting. <_<:lol:

Rich

Yup, I figure I'm wrecked for any possible future relationships......

.....and she's 25 years older than I am, so it's a statistical possibility --- though not one we dwell on a whole lot. We met when we were both EMTs, so we've always known that life could end in unexpected ways....

After all, he can get married any time....

To the married folks on the boards, do y'all get to pick the date? Did you really have ANY say in the matter regarding the wedding? That's probably explanation enough. :D

Rich

I went to a gun show the morning of mine.

I think the addition of Travis Tomasie to the AMU has REALLY helped Max focus on his game. It never hurts to have a shooting partner that is a great GM, and a fantastic individual.

Lisa Munson told me, "I think Max and Travis together are going to take IPSC places it's never been before."

Max'll dethrone him.

SA

Ah we'll see... :rolleyes: It's been a while since Eric didn't win shooting his open blaster (he hasn't lost since '99 actually)

When are the Nationals? (I don't have access to the USPSA site :()

I totally agree with Lisa Munson. Max and Travis working together to improve each other will make them a pair for the ages. Both guys are great students of the game, they work their A$$ES off, and they are talented both physically/mentally.

Do I sound like a groupie or what ? :P

Eric G's hold on IPSC/USPSA is coming to an end very soon.....

Max'll dethrone him.

SA

Ah we'll see... :rolleyes: It's been a while since Eric didn't win shooting his open blaster (he hasn't lost since '99 actually)

When are the Nationals? (I don't have access to the USPSA site :()

September 12-18, 2004. Registration on the 12th, shooting on 13-17, shoot-offs on the 18th.

First and formost..I will accept the heat generated from this post! I have seen Max and Travis in action at two area shoots and they deserve all the credit to their skill and performance. I have been schooled by Eric in a two day class and have also witnessed him in action at this years Florida Open. This is a level of shooting that reminiscences of the THRILLA IN MINILA of long ago boxing days when boxing was cool. We are about to witness a true world championship in Berry Ill. The USA will be very well represented and I for one hope we, the USA kick butt. Iam all pro America and the sportsmanship we bring to the world. I predict that at this years nationals with all the worlds best brought together...The outcome will be determined by thousands of a second and thousands of a point. That would truly be a championship match.