Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C Rums lifter

APL-G35

I am having c rums weld the lifter for my new versamax tactical. Unfortunately I will have very limited time for testing before the next match. Have any of you had one welded up? If so how was feeding afterwards? Also did you have to grind the edge of the chamber to ease feeding? Thanks in advance

Mine dropped right in, on my M1.

I sent him the whole gun, for my M2. But, he did a lot of other mods on it, as well.

NEVER had any problems with either of them, except for maybe missing once in awhile.

But that's not Jeff's fault!

Shoot it with confidence.

As far as grinding the well, that's personal preference, as to how far to go with it.

Just don't go too far- its easier to take more off, than it is to put it back on.

Two VersaMax's and both C-Rums lifters dropped in and ran 100% with no other modifications.

Mick

I am having c rums weld the lifter for my new versamax tactical. Unfortunately I will have very limited time for testing before the next match. Have any of you had one welded up? If so how was feeding afterwards? Also did you have to grind the edge of the chamber to ease feeding? Thanks in advance

I just got one and it runs 100% on my VM. It also looks way nicer than my home-welded monstrosity :roflol:

You may still have to break the right edge of the chamber - I did this on mine before I got the modified C-RUMS carrier.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

Stealthy blagga would you be able to pm some pictures of the grind job on the edge of the chamber? I have nothing for a visual to compare to if that work is needed.

You can see where the offending area is in the photos below (adjacent to the extractor cutout). Grinding is too strong a word - you should not go much further than breaking the edge. You just want the shell nose to slip off into the chamber rather than get hung up. I used a fine Dremel sanding drum and went SLOOOWWWWWWWLLLLYYYY. The amount of material removed is too slight to show in a photograph. Honestly, I would not even touch this area unless you have a problem after installing the C-RUMS carrier... could be it will work fine as is.

VMfeedmalfunction.jpg

VMchamber.jpg

Edited by StealthyBlagga

Stealthy blagga would you be able to pm some pictures of the grind job on the edge of the chamber? I have nothing for a visual to compare to if that work is needed.

Thanks for the picture I wasn't planning on modding that area unless I encountered trouble. I just didn't have anything to view for reference

You can see where the offending area is in the photos below (adjacent to the extractor cutout). Grinding is too strong a word - you should not go much further than breaking the edge. You just want the shell nose to slip off into the chamber rather than get hung up. I used a fine Dremel sanding drum and went SLOOOWWWWWWWLLLLYYYY. The amount of material removed is too slight to show in a photograph. Honestly, I would not even touch this area unless you have a problem after installing the C-RUMS carrier... could be it will work fine as is.

VMfeedmalfunction.jpg

VMchamber.jpg

Edited by APL-G35

I had a Win SX2 without a slot and let one of the guys at the range try it out one night. Needless to say, he put one shell in backwards. Nightmare to get out, a slot would have been most helpful. Others say a slot may help guide the shell a little better, I don't know but it doesn't seem to hurt anything. Plus it will help counteract the additional weight caused by welding the lifter.

ETA: I would get the slot.

Edited by carbon9