Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Big disappointments

Berreta Cougar in 9mm. Good concept. Rotten pistol. This was my first pistol. I am seeing a trend here. Traded for a Sig 229. That led to a bunch of Sigs in the safe.

Biggest surprise. A like new Colt 80 series. Paid $300. Everyone said I would be sorry. That pistol did and still feeds everything I stuff in the mag. And shoots them well. It is my limited 10 gun.

A Dan Wesson .357. Barrel wouldn't stay tight. Spit lead horribly, and then broke. Traded it as was for a S&W 586. :D Still have that one. TXAG

Damn, Tex. You beat me to the punch.

I bought a Dan Wesson in Houston back in the early 80s. I picked a .357 with 3 or 4 barrels in the kit, and all of them were loose in the frame when torqued down to the gap specified by the factory. If you tightened them up enough to actually be "tight" it wouldn't cut paper at 25 yards. OK, maybe it would have, but I didn't have any targets THAT big.

Ruger Mark II Government Model that I love, and just let my gunsmith clean it periodically

Sig lady I love it, that was my point.

What a pain, cause I clean my stuff frequently.

My open gun gets cleaned weekly if not more often.

Benelli M1 Super 90. I thought I "upgraded" when I bought it. For $950 I expected the shotgun to pattern correctly and/or the factory to make it right.

I was mistaken on both accounts. :angry: If you must buy a Benelli, buy a used one so the factory doesn't get your $! The worst customer service ever . . .

chp5 - not to discount what you experienced, but my 2 M1S90s (HK marked) were both purchased used at a gunshow and I never had a single problem with them. I've heard other people on this forum express displeasure with Benelli's customer service.

• 2 months later...

!@%!@$^^! pistol rusted in the first week. What a POS...

hehe that sounds about right.

I was gonna buy a Springfield XD 5 inch gun...shot a friends and then another buddies glock 34, i am glad i didnt buy the XD,

the slide is too heavy and sits too high in the hand(like a sig)

the sights suck!!! and the grip must have been designed for a 12 year old girl, way way too small. and the 5-6 of the XD pistols I have shot the accuracy was less than i expected...

the finish on the carbon steel guns is what is really crappy, i think somebody in croatia is using a acetylene torch and simply "sooting" the slides...my glock still looks nearly new and has been used lots more than my friends XD which now looks like hammered hell.

the XD is a big dissappointment to me, and im glad i didnt have to own one to find out.

I gotta throw my vote for the S&W Sigma. Back around the time of the AWB panic I had a little $$ saved up to buy my first pistol. The USP and Sigma were just coming out. I read and fondled at gunshows and listened to hype and....bought a Sigma. :wacko:

It goes without saying that it is crap and that Smith should get off their ass and design something that's not a rip off of GLock and WITHOUT a !#@$%!@ slide mounted decocker, (like maybe a US Designed USP with low bore axis, duh.) but like Colt, and Ruger they are all but out of the competitive auto pistol business.

It's a damned shame.

This one had to go for bad manners though; it had the nasty habit of lobbing HOT brass into the gap between my eye and shooting glasses. A burn on your lower eyelid takes a looooooooooooooong time to heal.

I STILL have the habit of snugging up my glasses before I take a beep. <_<