Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger SR1911 or Les Bear 1911

RoyV

2 Rugers for the price of 1 Les Baier....

If money is truly no object get a full custom built by a good builder. There are several excellent gunsmiths who frequent this Forum....All, IMHO, are superior to the semi custom Les Baier.....

.02 from me....

Edited by Merlin Orr

I presume this is a joke... You are comparing apples to oranges, you are comparing a top fuel dragster to a stock mustang. They are both very nice but the Bear is a hand built purpose built absolute dream of a 1911. The Ruger is a production line gun and nothing more, you might be a good one but then again you might get a Friday gun!

• 3 weeks later...

I own many 1911's from mid price to high price. One of my 1911's is a Ruger SR1911, and two others are a Les Baer Premier II and a Les Baer Custom Concept V.

And I love the Ruger SR1911. Great 1911 for the money. But you can't compare a semi-custom 1911 of the quality of a Les Baer to a production 1911 which is the SR1911. Any LB will be far superior to the Ruger SR1911. Again, no offense to the SR1911 as I agree it's an excellent mid-price 1911 and a great value. But, in my opinion the LB's I own were also great values despite the higher price. LB gives you a very high quality 1911 for a very fair price.

It's like comparing a Chevy Caprice to a Mercedes E Class. Both excellent cars, but....