Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stars Earn Stripes

Do you guys know that each star contestant is paired with a Veteran?

A FAST Team Marine, two SEALs, a Delta Force soldier, a police officer, ... one of them was a sniper with something like 170+ credited kills.

And that the contestants are playing for donations to their favorite first responder? Wounded Warrior, etc.?

That was going to be my point, it is for a good cause.

Edited by sdm74

Caught the last 5 minutes last night; just in time to see someone get swept by a competitors rifle !

Kind of lame kind of fun...

We all know the generals past.

Yeah, the muzzle sweeping is very scary.

Personally, won't watch it. I think it devalues our military and mocks their service for $.

Pretty much my take on it. I did see a highlight where one of the contestants said, "It's cool to have an opportunity like this because people like me don't get chances to do this stuff." :wacko: :wacko: Couldn't think of any other place to do stuff like this, huh?

CM

Stephen Colbert talked about it on his show. Something to the effect of if they wanted to know what it would have been like to be in a military battle, they should have enlisted. That pretty much made up my mind that this show is nothing but a circus for sheep. Funny that an anti-gun network wants to get ratings by turning war scenarios in to games. If they really wanted reality send them to a hotspot.

Ironically, this is similar to what General Clark said about civilian gun owners who wanted to own and shoot military style weapons like AR/AK.

I'm only watching because I love guns and shooting. If this gets more people into shooting, it's a win for me.

In past statements Clark has been decidedly anti gun. http://blog.riflegear.com/archive/2009/03/17/wesley_clark_maching_guns.aspx

A quick internet search will bring up other examples.

Fortunately his political career is over.

I went to the site and read what General Clark said and he was right on the fact that we (USA) have been providing firearms to the cartels. Except that the we (USA) that has/was providing the weapons was the BATF.

I've watch the two episodes and noticed IIRC that one of the females when they showed her firing at the small red targets I noticed the bolt being blue in color. Anyone else noticed that??

They may have practiced rappelling, however when the clock was on, they were lowered from the helicopter and building. No rappelling here, move on.

They practiced with simunitions and used them at the plant.

I do like how the bad ass action star is pretty helpless when the sh*t hits the fan. that's good realism! :roflol:

I watched the first episode, there is no way real soldiers are letting these "celebrities" run behind them with loaded weapons. They have to be editing out the loading when they get into position. The only positive things about this that I can see is that they are donating to some good charities and a major network is showing civilians use firearms in a game/scenario situation and calling it cool. I dislike reality TV also.

Hurley