Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

About to give up

Nivek

So I have a 2011 eagle that I bought used and it ran great for about thousand rounds. And now every time I take it to a match it does something to agrivate me. Sometimes it fails to feed some times it doesn't eject. I have tuned the mags per Dawson DVD. I've tried every combo of ammo I can get my hands on. I have tried different springs. If I take it to the range I can not get it to fail. I'm loosing faith in it and I'm getting ready to throw it in the trash and go buy a glock. What do you guys think? Keep trying to fix it or just buy a glock?

So I have a 2011 eagle that I bought used and it ran great for about thousand rounds. And now every time I take it to a match it does something to agrivate me. Sometimes it fails to feed some times it doesn't eject. I have tuned the mags per Dawson DVD. I've tried every combo of ammo I can get my hands on. I have tried different springs. If I take it to the range I can not get it to fail. I'm loosing faith in it and I'm getting ready to throw it in the trash and go buy a glock. What do you guys think? Keep trying to fix it or just buy a glock?

Is this a .40? What COAL do you load your ammo to? What bullets are you using? What problems are you having in matches?

Is it a custom maker gun or a stock pistol...? You might consider sending it to a top notch gunsmtih and have it tuned up and checked out. A 2011 in .40 ought to run ..and run...

Edited by Merlin Orr

Is it a custom maker gun or a stock pistol...? You might consider sending it to a top notch gunsmtih and have it tuned up and checked out. A 2011 in .40 ought to run ..and run...

This as well. I had reliability work done by an excellent gunsmith on my limited gun and now the thing will feed empty cases all day long.

It's actually a 45. I just took it apart. It's starting to wear down the front top edge of the short dust cover. In front of the rails. That can't be good =( I've been shooting factory ammo. And as far as the builder they are unknown. It's not a factory sti pistol.

.45 Double Stacks are notoriously difficult to get to run properly. Takes a good setup by a good smith on your mags and gun and many times it will run some ammo much better than others....

Merlin

I was trying to get him into SS :sight:

:devil:

So this pistol ran great for a thousand rounds and then went to crap. You state that you have tried all kinds of ammo and a bunch of diffrent springs and tuned the mags your self. Sounds like this problem may be self inflicted. Take thar pistol to a good smith who can get it running again and teach you to take care of it.--------Larry

The mag tuning was was done as soon as I bought it. All the other tinkering was done post problems. What's bothering me is the wear at the front of the frame in front of the frame rails. Seems like the bottom of the slide is dragging on the frame.

That makes more sense then anything else. I'll head to the range tomorrow and try to "recreate" my match grip. Boy won't I feel foolish! :blush: Ruin several matches and say mean things to my blaster and it turns out to be all my fault!

What's bothering me is the wear at the front of the frame in front of the frame rails. Seems like the bottom of the slide is dragging on the frame.

This is worrysome. I would definately have it checked out by someone who is well qualified on the 2011 platform. Does it have a recoil buffer?

Mike

I shoot a .45 Edge and had a similar problem (fail to feed, fail to extract), it ended up being the extractor. I replaced it with an Aftec and the issues with feeding and extracting disappeared.

I shoot a .45 Edge and had a similar problem (fail to feed, fail to extract), it ended up being the extractor. I replaced it with an Aftec and the issues with feeding and extracting disappeared.

Was yours still holding the spend casing and trying to load the next round? The case ends up above the ejector but is still held by the extractor. Clearing it is comical =)

You guys have been super helpful! Thanks every one for the support. I'm going to get it looked at by a smith. I'll post an update for informational purposes when I get this sorted out