Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Alabama Sectional

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mark, we can change divisions when we get there correct? I ask because I might shoot a different division.

David,

Sorry for the late reply. I saw the notice of it in my email, and then completely forgot to come here to answer you. Yes, you can, really up to registration time at the match. HOWEVER, since we have to print labels for everyone, and we will do that a week or so before the match, the earlier you can do that, the better.

Mark

Two weeks from tonight, I will be over my nervous breakdown, and I hope all of you will be home safely.

We are less than two weeks away from first shots of the 2013 Alabama Sectional Championship. We currently have 228 registered shooters, but I know of 7+ applications on their way, so we will at least equal last year's number of shooters. We still have slots on Friday.

We have about $24,000 in Cash/Prizes and Trophies. We are still hoping for one Pistol for a drawing prize.

As with last year, Div/Class winners will be awarded Trophies and Cash. All sponsor donated prizes will be distributed to by blind drawing to competitors, and will be in your shooter welcome bag at registration.

Weather will be slightly cooler that last year, but still Highs will be around 70 degrees.

Everyone pray for dry days.

Mark K

First Place will be awarded to High Overall in each division - Cash Payout for HOA for a division is based on the number of PAYING entries in that Division (so, minus Staff and Sponsored shooters). Last year's payout in Limited for HOA was over $500

1st-2d-3d are awarded Cash and Trophy 4 shooters in a Class - 1st place, 8 shooters in a class, 1st & 2d, 12 shooter in a class 1st, 2d & 3d.

State/Sectional champion gets trophy and cash. High category (lady, LEO) based on at least 3 in the category in the division.

Exceptions - L-10 and REV - because of low numbers of participants, the cash payout is lower.

Also note - the shooter numbers for HOA payout and Div/Class Payout are based on the numbers 2 weeks out from the match (we have to order trophies & just can't keep changing the numbers up to the last minute - and we were pretty full by then)

Last - If the winner of HOA is, for instance) also High Master - the High Master award (Trophy and Cash) goes to the 2d Master. The only awards that are cumulative, are the State/Section Champion, and Category awards. They get the Trophy and Cash for that honor regardless of what else they qualified for.

There were no complaints last year about the amounts we were paying out, and this year is better. The only complaint last year is that we did not do Categories, or go deep enough in some divisions. This year we go deeper in the division (4/8/12 instead of 5/10/15), and recognizing Catagories.

Mark

If you at ere in this sport to have a million dollars, you had better start with 2 million. IMHO/LMAO

These payouts are very fair!

I hear that has always been the case....

Mark

We will be working all week at the range, setting stages up starting this weekend, and it will be open for walk through certainly by Thursday. Targets will not be up (and bagged) on the stages until later in the afternoon. Registration will be open at the range from 4pm to 6pm Eastern time.

Mark

If you at ere in this sport to have a million dollars, you had better start with 2 million. IMHO/LMAO

These payouts are very fair!

I hear that has always been the case....

Mark

You and I both! Lol