Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most secure open holster for 6" 2011

k. easton

I have a 6" millenium custom and want to start shooting 3gun with it. Any recommendations for which holster is the most secure. I'd go for a Blade Tech DOH but can't figure out how that will work with my 6" gun. thanks in advance

I have a 6" millenium custom and want to start shooting 3gun with it. Any recommendations for which holster is the most secure. I'd go for a Blade Tech DOH but can't figure out how that will work with my 6" gun. thanks in advance

Confusing---You have a 6" OPEN gun? or a 6" Limited gun. If it is a 6" Limited, then DOH is the only way to go for 3gun .

If you're looking for an open type holster such as a Ghost, Limcat or DAA Racemaster with a secure lock, then my vote goes for the Racemaster. If the holster's lock is applied there is no way that gun is coming out; you can sprint, jump up and down etc. and the gun aint coming out. You'll give yourself a massive wedgie if you do try and draw with the lock on (I know first hand haha). To deactivate the lock when drawing all you have to do is sweep off the lock with your middle finger as you're gripping the gun. I believe the DAA Racer holster has the same lock mechanism but is much cheaper.

• 1 month later...

I like my DAA Racemaster and used it with a 6" STI for a while. Locks up good but it does leave your front sight exposed whenever you have to go prone with your pistol still holstered in 3 gun. You can get kydex for 6" 2011s for sure, if you can handle the draw out with a 6" barrel then that may be the best bet for 3 gun. Kydex does wear the finish but, you didn't buy it to look at it!