Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

August

benos

wfmft, this might mean something to you "to mean well is not enough " ;)

The internet is a wonderful source of information but not when it comes to finding out what the F stands for... Fred???

This is some of the best stuff in the world (things posted on this forum).

Brain...you flat out rock!

I did a little search on the forum to look for the answer for this question...found much more.

Brain, I read your post on the second page of this thread:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...8&hl=wfmft&st=0

I read it last night. Then I read it again this morning...slowly. I went thru one sentance at a time and reflected on it before moving on.

Then I read BoneDaddy's post on "what I like"...that got me digging to my core as well.

And tonight, my girlfriend was having some struggles with her direction/work. We have spent most of the night reading that post and reducing the issues for her. Throw in a little of the Lanny Bassham book and some Ayn Rand (neither of which I would have likely been exposed too without this place) and we made some fantastic headway!

Thanks BE!!!

Game, Set, Match :D ... Mark Francis Twight

"Bolts neben Rissen, fixe Standplätze. Es waren Homos, die sie eingerichtet haben. Ich spreche nicht von Homosexuellen, ich spreche von homogenisierten Menschen. Ich spreche von jenen blutleeren Nasenbohrern, denen jedes Wertgefühl abhandengekommen ist, und die den Respekt für die Natur und die Tatsache, dass nach ihnen fähigere kommen werden, verloren haben. Es sind Kletterer, die vergessen, dass homogenisierte Touren wieder vergessen werden, weil sie ohne Einsatz zu begehen sind. Die wirksamste Methode das Abenteuer zu töten, besteht darin, es in eine Ware zu verwandeln."

Mark Francis Twight

I'm not very good at german but the above text has something to do with climbing and there arn't that many Mark F. Twight in the supersquad of extreme climbing so Francis it is. Right?

Edited by Dalmas

"Bolts beside tears, fixed locations. Were Homos, which furnished it. I do not speak of homosexual, I speak of homogenized humans. I speak of those blood-empty nose drills, to which each value feeling got lost, and which the respect for nature and the fact that to them abler will come, to have lost. There is Kletterer, which forget that homogenized routes are again forgotten, because they are to be committed without employment. The most effective method the adventure to kill, consists of transforming it into a commodity."

And I think this is a picture of the aforementioned MFT

alpinism.jpg

This is the original English version of the text:

There were no give-aways. Belay anchors were solid so we knew we'd never go all the way to the ground, but the potential falls looked long. We couldn't expect easy protection as on the "sport" routes sprouting all over the Mont Blanc Massif; bolts next to cracks, fixed belay stations, fast food alpinism. Homos put 'em up. I don't mean homosexuals, I mean homo-genized men. I mean lame, bloodless snots without any moral character or respect for the environment, climbers willing to climb a route by any means just to be first. These are men who refuse to recognize that other, more capable men will come after them, men who may climb the routes clean. These climbers don't realize that homogenized climbs are forgotten by those who repeat them because they can be done without commitment. So they sabotage their own supposed “legacy."

An esoteric, dare I say elitist point of view regarding style and ethis in alpine climbing. Such a position -- held by a few -- is sadly on its way to the tar pits.

And yes, Dalmas it means something to me: the title of an old essay, printed in Rock & Ice way back when. I know what I was doing at the time. What were you doing back then?

WFMFT

Goodness! It's been a long time since I thought about rock climbing. I've still got my rack, shoes, and a rope that's been well kept, though at this point I'd only use it for top-roping.

I have to admit, I've never been up a bolted climb. That seemed like cheating. For me the point of rock climbing was to solve the puzzle presented by nature. And to do it without marring the beauty of the area and to leave it unspoilt for the enjoyment of those that would come after me.

Then I had a really bad landing. Broke several bones and really hurt myself. During the recovery, arthritis set in my hands and fingers and I haven't been able to climb anywhere near the level I did before - just too much pain. As a result my enjoyment level dropped substantially and I haven't been climbing since. I should probably sell the rack.

It was about 6 years later that I discovered shooting. This was the very end of '99 when I bought my first gun. Been on a downhill slide ever since, and my wife wonders when the spending will stop. I tell her "Never!" :rolleyes:

Anyway, thank you for bringing back some really great memories! :D

Joel

And yes, Dalmas it means something to me: the title of an old essay, printed in Rock & Ice way back when. I know what I was doing at the time. What were you doing back then?

I found that text as your signature at some climbing forum where you are a moderator, if I remember correctly, I don't know why I posted it since it has nothing to do with the quest for the F.

I did some climbing when i was an exchange student in Colorado, back then at 6'4" and about 15 lbs and fit as a fiddle they called me spiderman because of my reach and smoth way up a rock.. maybe I should have continued but I got scared of hights. I remember making my first peak, getting up there, arms and legs shivering with excitement, sitting down on a crisp clear fall day and I was sure I could see all the way to Kansas.

When all is grey, I'll think of that moment and it makes my body and mind feel a whole lot better, a Kodak moment. B):D

What a great thread... I guess, since by the rules we don't have a clear winner - Storm with the partial "World Famous Mark F. Twight" and Dalmas with Mark Francis Twight - we have two winners. You guys PM me your mailing addresses.

The "World Famous" thing is a funny memory for me. Lisa (now his wife, but at the time his girlfriend) was telling me about Mark, (who I'd be meeting for the first time soon - I knew Lisa before Mark), and she said he was "world famous." I can still remember her cute laugh as she said it. We both thought it was really funny. Then I forgot about it till sometime later, upon seeing WFMFT (written somewhere). At that time, I didn't know his middle name was Francis, so I assumed... well, you can probably guess what I assumed. I remember thinking - man, that's a badass acro-nickname.

It fit.

;)

• 6 months later...

As I bring this thread back from the dead...I just wanted to ask you guys about your experience with Akitas. I want one and was thinking about getting one within the next few months but have heard that they can be very agressive towards other dog and are generally very independant and aloof, not very trainable.