Versa Max Tactical extended end cap testing

MickB

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And you ended up giving it away to the Cameron's Custom shooter that was bemoaning his new Tactical needed some tweaking, LOL! Seemed to run great for him, though!

Going shooting in Mesa Arizona today. I am gonna run the +2 red with USMC engraved on the side

Interesting observation at the Rio 3 gun match today. A buddy's VersaMax 26" field model had the end of his mag tube break clean off at the end of the threads. Construction seemed a little thin at the end of his particular mag tube. There will be beefier mag tubes to accompany the +1 and +2 end caps soon, however! And in choices of colour! :)

Edited by MickB

Hello: I shot with the new +1 red end cap today. I only shot 5 rounds or so to see what is going on with my shooting and what to do to make it fit me. The cap stayed tight and the guys like the way it looks. I may have to get a green +2 one to match the Zombi gun :cheers: Thanks, Eric

Should be a few weeks, so figure early in the new year so that these get done right. There will also be nuts to go along with the tubes - the manufacturer is just waiting on tooling to cut the thread pattern for the Remington threads....

There will be beefier mag tubes to accompany the +1 and +2 end caps soon, however! And in choices of colour! :)

More info now!! How long? Pics?

Edited by MickB

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How can I get a customized version with writing on it? I need a plus 1 end cap for VM Tac and I want it to say my name. Hopefully it won't break the bank to get the name added, otherwise, the plain jane is all I really need.

I would appreciate a PM and if I do not hear back from someone soon, I think I will PM the OP. Thank you in advance.

ETA: Information received. Thank you, MickB.

Edited by Solidgun

• 2 weeks later...

That was the red, but hey, it's all good!

Speaking of the VM Tactical caps, I THINK that they will also fit the threads on the end of the JM 930. Anyone got one they can try it on to confirm 100%?

Also, I should have a prototype mag tube to try out shortly. Those got delayed a little by an Akdal project that was just completed. Those folks that will be at SMM3G will get a chance to see the results of that endeavour. There is also a video of that prototype on the website....

:-)

Just ordered a +2 in green. I'm sure I'll shoot faster now! Green means go, right? :devil:

Edited by MickB

I ordered the wrong one!?!?! :goof: Oh well... :cheers:

Does anyone know, will these work on generic Nordic tubes? Are the threads the same? A buddy is looking to extend the Nordic tube on his M2 and Nordic is out of stock of their XL cap.

That was the red, but hey, it's all good!

Speaking of the VM Tactical caps, I THINK that they will also fit the threads on the end of the JM 930. Anyone got one they can try it on to confirm 100%?

Also, I should have a prototype mag tube to try out shortly. Those got delayed a little by an Akdal project that was just completed. Those folks that will be at SMM3G will get a chance to see the results of that endeavour....

:-)

Just ordered a +2 in green. I'm sure I'll shoot faster now! Green means go, right? :devil:

The VersaMax Tactical caps will not fit the standard Nordic tube thread pattern. However, the manufacturer does make a "standard" end cap which will fit. I would call or email him to check the length. He can always make it the length you need if you ask.

Wonder if the company that's making these extended tubes (I have a +2, love it) would be interested in making an "oversized" (read larger than stock) knurled charging handle for the Versa Max??? Seems like there would be at least as good if not better market for these as the end caps. The stock one on the VM is still pretty small. Something like the handle Mossberg put on the JM Pro would be fantastic.....

I've told Glenn to put this on his growing list of things to make....

Wonder if the company that's making these extended tubes (I have a +2, love it) would be interested in making an "oversized" (read larger than stock) knurled charging handle for the Versa Max??? Seems like there would be at least as good if not better market for these as the end caps. The stock one on the VM is still pretty small. Something like the handle Mossberg put on the JM Pro would be fantastic.....

Tubes will be similar in design to what is already on the VM, but beefier. They will come in different lengths and colours and the existing line of +1 and +2 end caps will fit.

Tubes should be done. Just waiting on getting the threading for the nuts up to standard, so you can get yourself a green nut eventually too!

Any eta on the one piece tubes, in green?

Thanks Mick for giving Glenn a "heads up" on the market and need for a large (but light) tactical charging handle. Usually the first comment I get on my VM tactical from friends at 3-gun events is "nice gun but that charging handle looks way small". It's also kind of "slippery" the way Remington made it, even with all the lightening holes in it and I have had trouble with it too. He could make colored ones to go with the end caps and tubes too! If he also offered a non-rotating model for those that wanted to send their bolt in to him for a minor modification to go with it, that would be even better! Keep us all informed and thanks!

• 2 weeks later...