Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sadden by the loss of a pet bird..

MARKAVELI

I recently lost a Umbrella Cockatoo well I didn't my brother inlaw lost my umbrella, here is what happened.. I have been helping my brother inlaw reloading on his press he wanted to use my 550B 45acp conversion, me being kind and generis I thought it would be fine droped the stuff off at his moms house but forgot the case gage so I told em to pic it up in the morning. Morning came he's at my house while I'm at work told em to get what he needs and lock the door. I get a call from my wife that Kaine is gone! I asked what happened she said her brother( Eric casillas putting him on blast) took my umbrella Kane out of his cage and took him outside and put em on my picnic table and went to the garage to get the case gage and goes inside without the bird. My wife asked him where is kane his words "Oh sh@t!" Runs out comes back and says the bird is gone, my wife started balling her eyes and asked him why would he do that? He reply's "I didn't know he would fly away"... What a F'n retard! I been walking blocks and.blocks to,find em the past few days but nothing.... I can just kick his a55...

I bought kane 9years ago for my wife for our 1year anniversary from a breeder in Mi who is no longer breeding birds. I was working a minimum wage job cause I lost my previous job so,i struggles to pay for the bird, I work long hours smashed fingers, bled busted my a55 lost sleep, stood and work 18 hrs in the.cold to get the money for kane. I taught em to talk& bark like a dog infact he act like a dog, the boy had no business touching my bird and just irresponsibly leave him unattended, he has made no effort to help look or even call,me to apologize. Saturday kinda suck now cause I love to order chicken and pizza for my fammily and he would join us cause that was his favorite.. My kids cried the first day and I also secretly had shed a year or few... We will miss you Kane and you where not then just a bird you was more like a son! Be free..

Edited by MARKAVELI

Sorry to hear. FWIW I had a cockatail which flew out the door. I left the cage out for a couple days and that bird was back and happy as a clam in the cage. :) Birds are smart and know home. They just need to see the cage. After 9 years at home that bird might just come back. Keep a window open as well.Luck.

Two people near here in LaQuinta and Indian Wells which border each other, lost their parrots, or some sort of tropical birds. They lasted almost 20 years in the wild, or should I say around Point Happy. They could be seen, the three of them, flying down Fairway Drive, making gawdawful noises nearly every morning that I would work in the area. Just too funny. One was green with blue, the others green too but I cannot recall their colors.

I think he might come back. Please let us know if he makes it home, and send in some pics. Sorry to hear that! I hope this comes out a happy ending for you.

Update yesterday the wife walked the dog but one of the dogs ran off so my wife called out to our dog who but who calls out that crazy ol'bird.... He was about a block down in a tree, funny cause my wife had to climb it so funny... Just glad to have him home.. And he act like it never happen! If he only knew.. :eatdrink:

post-24363-0-30162000-1343569553_thumb.j

Edited by MARKAVELI

Update yesterday the wife walked the dog but one of the dogs ran off so my wife called out to our dog who but who calls out that crazy ol'bird.... He was about a block down in a tree, funny cause my wife had to climb it so funny... Just glad to have him home.. And he act like it never happen! If he only knew.. :eatdrink:

Glad he's home.The best you could give him for a welcome home drink was a Pepsi? :surprise: This is a Patron XO moment dude. :D:eatdrink:

What a lucky break!! So glad he stayed close to home. :)

We used to keep cockatiels, parakeets and other creatures. We loved 'em and would've been broken-hearted had any one of them got away. However, we used to let them out in the house (cathedral ceilings) for an hour or so each night, and they flew around and had fun, but ALWAYS voluntarily went back to the cage (big ones that we built ourselves) where the food, water and security was. They were good kids, one and all, and tolerated their human owners graciously. :D