Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

versaMax vs Mossburg JM

I haven't had a chance to finger a Versamax, but I am most impressed with the 930. I don't have the JM, but the Blackwater model. I was totally a skeptic at first, but ran across a deal and gave it a chance. Other than my finger getting stuck in the lifter, I'm highly impressed with the 930. I put 3" magnum buckshot, rifled slugs, and dove loads in the mag and just squeeze the trigger. It shoots everything, no changing pistons. It just shoots. And it shoots good. Now some of the parts are plastic, but it seems to run and not break.

Edited by lee blackman

I could be gently snarky and say "Versa Max" because you might actually be able to find one in stock. I hear the 930 JM is very difficult to find.

I have only handled the Versa Max 26" and the Versa Max Tactical, thus I cannot make a fair comparison. I happen to own the 26" VM. Never had the pleasure of using a 930 JM, unfortunately.

I bought a JM pro a few months ago, I have had great luck with it. It has run flawlessly to date. It's good to go for 3gun right out of the box and the pricepoint is a big selling point. I haven't tried the versamax but have also heard good things...

I can't speak for the Mossberg, but I've never heard it described as soft shooting. I'm not one to jump on bandwagons either. But some big names are moving to the versa max and I don't believe they would do it without good cause. As always, the best advice is to try both first and decide which is best for you.

i know it not a fair test, but i promise the Versa Max is softer than the M2, and being remmy copied the M4 gas system with one added part. it few parts. just the 2 short stroke pistons.

How do you have the ability to have either cause I can't find the mossy any dang were :/

Bill's Gun Shop in Minnesota has 3 of them on the shelf at their Robbinsdale location. I don't know what the process is to buy one and have it shipped to TN, but I do know that they will do private gun transfers/sale and ship a gun for you out of state for a fee. I can't imagine it would be much different.

http://billsgs.com/