Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xtreme plated bullets?

Gunfighter01

I have been using bear creek 147gr bullets now for about 2 years, but my local supplier is out of them and who knows when or if he will get any more, so I am looking for more options. I found a supplier in las vegas so thats one option. I saw a company called Xtreme bullets and they are plated, anybody have experience with them?,,, also considering Bayou Bullets but he doesn't take credit cards. My price for bear creeks were $57.00/1000 and no shipping, he is local. Its looking like my bullet expenses are about to double here. Any suggestions?

They rock......shoot them in 9, 40, and 45........i find i can load to about the same charge as my MGjhp with almost same velocity.

also if you get their 223 those are not plated for obvious reasons....fmjbt.

Edited by Artsville

I shot 20,000 over the last couple years for both Major 40 and Minor 9 though S_I's, Glocks and an M&P. They are decently accurate though not as quite acurate as jacketed. Just ordered another 10,000 9's

The have a good price break when you (or a group) order 25,000 or more

Edited by TMC

If loaded correctly they are great. You cannot over crimp them though, which I've seen, then heard guys say how bad they are. They will buldge around the crimp. Also you get the occasional deformed one in every 500 or so. Still for .40 major and 9 minor they have worked good for me. I even loaded a few for 38 super major, not a good choice, they work, but you get a lot of copper fouling.

I shot 20,000 over the last couple years for both Major 40 and Minor 9 though S_I's, Glocks and an M&P. They are decently accurate though not as quite acurate as jacketed. Just ordered another 10,000 9's

The have a good price break when you (or a group) order 25,000 or more

+1

Get thier bulk buy sheet.. .I think I called them last time.. price drop is significant

Last one I did was 117,000 bullets at about 2,300 pounds (for shipping costs - were around $300)