Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adj Gas Block - Worth the it

I still havent adjusted my gas since my gun went single shot in the sun 50 weather at the Crimson Trace night match this summer.

At the FNH match with the early morning start times I was a but worried about it too. So I stuck full my mags on the defroster. It ran but strangly enough Everything was hitting a little high.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

• 3 weeks later...

I hear people bitch'n about "the bcg won't lock back, the ammo must suck," or wondering about short stroking malfunctions etc., the adjustable gas block makes most of that go away. IMHO the adjustable gas block is one of the great improvements of this platform.

On the other hand, if everything is fairly balanced, the bcg, the spring, the buffer, the ammo, the gas port, the adjustable gas block is not needed at all. Or if you are content to just over gas a bit, it's very reliable but not great for a quick second shot. With this type of rifle the adjustable gas block is also not needed, and is actually a potential source of malfunction.

Tar

Edited by Sleepswithdogs

• 2 weeks later...

I still run mil spec parts , but I can't shoot for shit anyways. I still run an m1a with factory flash hider. Guess I just like the punishment.

I am thinking about trying adjustable on the new gun. Will either go with a Loki gun or carbon arms upper.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't run my coyote rigs without an adjustable because of the suppressors. I don't think they are a necessity for a 3gun rig though (shooting without a silencer). However if you do use one I don't know why anyone would use the set screw type now that the Syrac is here.

OOOOOOOOOOooooooooor you could buy a new Colt and have a finger adjustable system.

Sendit

Thats why I don't run one either. Shot a match this past weekend where a guy on our squad had a single shot as he had set the gun to run in 85 -90 degree weather this summer and when it hit the 30s the gun didnt run. Im just now upgrading to the rifle gas system and it will still have the non adj gas block and full weight carrier. I'll give up that little bit of extra flatness to not worry about the gun not running.