Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What to buy for 2K

Newby here trying to decide what to spend the money on. I shot 3-3 gun matches so far and love it so i decided to upgrade my stuff. I have Stag 3G coming in this week with DD iron sights. Need scope and mount for it and some sort of pistol?

Been looking into Leupold VX6 and XDM in 9 mm from PRP with some options. For a newby is this a good start?

Thx

Call Danny and ask for a 5.25 XDM from Powder River Precision....

You will not spend 2K and yet have extra money for your ammo and accessories...

Edited by Yagi

Call Danny and ask for a 5.25 XDM from Powder River Precision....

You will not spend 2K and yet have extra money for your ammo and accessories...

Will do, 2K is for scope and handgun.

Thx

Edited by StjepanK

I would check into the glock route. you can get a new 17L or 34 for 125 less than the 5.25. or a reg 17 for even more. Get your own parts for cheap. after owning both and comparing prices I think the glock is a better value. And ordering parts for both it is not even a comparison. to build a limited gun out of each for the XDM we had to go to about 6 different vendors and half the things we wanted we not in stock or on backorder. Cant throw a dead rat without hitting a Glock vendor. XDM does have a nicer grip I think though.

Pistol:

If I were you I would pick up a Glock 34 and slap on some Warren sights. Then search this forum on how to

perform what is called a $0.25 trigger job on it, then shoot the crap out of it!

Rifle optics:

With your budget…hands down I would go with either Burris TAC 30 or MTAC 1x4 scope.

Mounts, JP or LaRue as a best bet and then Armalite and the Burris P.E.P.R mount as seconds.

Edited by P.E. Kelley

Pistol:

If I were you I would pick up a Glock 34 and slap on some Warren sights. Then search this forum on how to

perform what is called a $0.25 trigger job on it, then shoot the crap out of it!

Rifle optics:

With your budget…hands down I would go with either Burris TAC 30 or MTAC 1x4 scope.

Mounts, JP or LaRue as a best bet and then Armalite and the Burris P.E.P.R mount as seconds.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly!

Add in a lighter recoil spring too, in my opinion

Pistol:

Rifle optics:

^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly!

Add in a lighter recoil spring too, in my opinion

Or an MTAC 1.5-6, with some offset irons, though I feel 1.5 is still fine for even the closest targets, the 6x comes in nice for some farther ones. and the mtac 1.5-6 will only run about 4 bones.

Just An Opinion!

Look at a Millet Tac DMS 1-4 X 24 MM and a Burris Mount.

Take a look at Glock 34 and/or Glock 35 with trigger job and front sight.

Time and ammo will make you a better shot & competior than what you spend on equipment at this point. When your gettin beat by a few seconds or stage points, then it's time jump on better high dollar stuff.

Have FUN, Be SAFE.

Perry

Glock is a good pistol for 3gun as there is no safety to worry about getting bumped when laying it down. I would also add the mag extentions to 1 or 2 mags bringing your capacity up to 23 rounds. For the scope, the millett dms or the Burris tac 30 or mtac is nice for the cash. the PEPR mount is nice and can be had for approximately half the cost of a larue. I figure im not swapping scopes all the time so as long as it holds the scope solid, im not too concerned about taking it on and off

It would be hard to go wrong with any full size Glock, XDM, or M&P. They would all be competitive and you can find parts for all. Glock will have more parts available. XDM 5.25 is probably closest to perfect out of box (most expensive). M&P is the dark horse, I liked the grip best, and USA made (sweet APEX trigger kits).

After having both a tricked out Glock 34 and 35, and now having an XDm 5.25, my vote is for the XDm. Shoot all the different brands that you're interested in and see which one works best for you. The good thing about most of the people doing this sport is that they're more than willing to let you shoot their toys.

What has not been mentioned as of yet is the new Caracal. JJ Racaza has switched to it for production.

What is known about the gun?

It was designed by the same guy who designed the Glock, Sprinfield XD, one of the Styers and a few other pistols. It has 28 moving parts and is on sale at the moment on shooters connection for a whopping $358.00.

I would take a look at it. JJ has taken a 1st and 2nd place finish with it so far.

Or you could buy a cz sp01 shadow have eerw do a trigger job, get a burris Mtac, and a JP or LaRue lt104 mount, and still have money left for ammo.

I have had several Glock 34's, then went with m& P pro, and found the cz's on accident. The Cz for me is more accurate. Good luck, JP