Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Greetings from Illinois!

Aiden

Hello all, relatively new shooter here.

I got started as soon as I turned 21 (late to the party, but that's how it is), picked up a Kimber Team Match II and a .22lr slide and hit the range as often as I could. I was going to start shooting Limited 10 in USPSA at a local club, but sadly my college schedule and ever-dwindling budget forced me to change those plans. Long story short, I graduated in May of this year with a box of .22lr and no guns of my own (having sold all of them) <_<

Upon graduating, I became gainfully employed, and found myself with 6 months where no interest was accruing on my student loans and my living expenses were negligible...hmmm...

Since the most common reason I've encountered for not buying a new gun is "the wife wouldn't let me get a new gun" I decided my currently-unmarried self should spend this extra cash to gather a small collection of firearms with which to compete in a variety of sports, whether or not I am actually participating in that sport (yet). I figure I'll have most of my bases covered by the time I start paying off loans. Isn't planning for the future fun? :roflol:

------

I've always been interested in firearms of all sorts, and I've spent a good amount of time lurking on these forums (and others) trying to soak up information. Figured it was time to join, since I can finally get started on competitive shooting.

Been shooting at a local range and gone to a couple sporting clays events (my current addiction), but no "official" shoots yet. Acquired a shotgun for SC, a handgun for USPSA Limited, and a handgun for IDPA/3G, just need an AR15 and a shotgun for 3G (along with an AR-22 for plinking). Looking at a Mossberg JM Pro for 3gun, but my recent experiences with my Benelli Super Sport has me seriously considering getting an M2 instead. But perhaps the money would be better spent on practice ammo?

Thanks!

I'm in the Peoria area, moved back home after living in Springfield. Currently getting range time (as a guest) at the Chillicothe Sportsmen's club, and have shot a couple rounds of sporting clays at Oak Ridge Sportsman's Club.

Welcome!

Hopefully I will see you at Chilli USPSA match (and maybe others in the area.)

There should be a USPSA match on the 22nd if we haven't all melted before then.

Rimfire match on the 15th.

Thanks! I'm hoping to start attending matches in the near future, I'm still on my orientation period for my job as well as studying for my boards, but both of those will be over in a couple weeks.

I wasn't aware there were rimfire matches being held, what are those like? I'm a big fan of shooting .22lr (read: budget-minded (read: cheap)), I could definitely see myself doing that.

Welcome to the forums! You are nowhere near late to the party! You are actually quite young to be getting started . Whatever game you decide to play the most, have fun!

Welcome to the forums! You are nowhere near late to the party! You are actually quite young to be getting started . Whatever game you decide to play the most, have fun!

I plan on it, thanks!

If you ever make it up towards Chi-Town, dig us up!

Will do!