Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forgetting my belt

bierman

Ran off without my belt/holster/mag pouches. Remembered when I got out of the van at the match this morning. Luckily for me, another guy had spare gear that would work for my M&P. Despite the fact I was using borrowed gear I had a pretty good match.

Must make a checklist so I don't forget things...

Before every match, when I have the car loaded, I look around and visually confirm I have everything by saying in my head: Bullets go in the mags, mags go in the gun, mags and gun go on the holster belt, holster belt attached to the inner belt.

Don't leave your Kydex in a hot car, you'll soon find it won't fit your gun & mags anymore. :o

Hi,

I leave it all in the truck. One time forgetting the stuff was enough for me.

Ive got 2 kydex holsters for a G19 with x300's on them in my car, no problems with Kentucky heat last week or Ga heat

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Before every match, when I have the car loaded, I look around and visually confirm I have everything by saying in my head: Bullets go in the mags, mags go in the gun, mags and gun go on the holster belt, holster belt attached to the inner belt.

I use this same mantra every morning before I leave for a match.

I think I read about someone doing something similar on here months ago, that's where I picked it up. Have been doing it every since.

invited a friend to come try a local shoot and I would supply him with gear/gun and bullets. Got him suited up , got myself suited up went to bag to get guns....oops, guess we dont have guns :surprise: luckily a buddy was out there and we all shared one gun, now I constantly have this fear of forgetting something about 1/2 way to range...I guess a sort of flashback syndrome :roflol:

I think I read about someone doing something similar on here months ago, that's where I picked it up. Have been doing it every since.

It absolutely works as long as you use it. :)

• 4 weeks later...