Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Rule Book

AikiDale

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has a determination been made what rule book will be used at the Nationals in Barry?

The BOD resolution says that the new rules will be in effect no earlier than 15 days or later than 30 days from the date the membership receives them. As they are still in transit (shipping) from Malaysia or somewhere, it's my best guess that the USPSA Pistol Nationals will run under the old, RED, book. But, it's just a guess at this point. Of course, I'm in favor of running under the old rules, since most everybody, staff and competitors alike, are familiar with them.

Troy

And with a few exceptions is a better set of rules.

If we can just delay the canoe that the new rules are being shipped under for about 15 months we can get a new set that correct some of the more egregious items in the new book.

As for moving closer to the rest of the world, let them move closer to us.

Jim

Now that's a better idea than having a Confederation.

All we need to do is formally create "Area 9", close down IPSC, and then treat the former member Regions as component "States".

Now that's a better idea than having a Confederation.

Glad I'm not the only one that thought "WTF?!" Good solution, Jim. :rolleyes:

it would have been nice if they would have made a provision in the production*(after the sunset of AWB) to let us load them up to full capacity...who wants a 10 shot 9mm?

*hopefully we will be rid of this law soon enough...

why not use the international rules for production with our list of approved guns??

whats going to happen with L10 and production after the ban goes in the can??

answers would be nice...

Harmon,

Considering the number of state bans that will still be in effect, nothing will or should happen. Production and L-10 will continue.

And remember, we have to win this battle everytime it is fought. THEY onlyhave to win one time

Jim

whats going to happen with L10 and production after the ban goes in the can??

answers would be nice...

The answers seem to be posted on the USPSA website. We have the current rules, with the 10 round limits, and we have the new edition rules..with the ten round limit.

Just got the new rulebook in the mail. I had hoped that the actual printed version would clarify the following question:

"Not Applicable" is defined in Chapter 12 as "The rule or requirement does not apply to the particular discipline, Division or match level."

This makes perfect sense at rule US8.7.2 (for example), where there is a preceding IPSC rule 8.7.2.

What is the meaning at, for example 1.2.2.2, where there is no corresponding IPSC or "US" rule. Does this refer to the rule directly above (1.2.2.1)? If so, why publish 1.2.2.1 at all if it is not applicable?

Clarification please. :huh:

I'm new to the boards, so if this has been previously discussed, please direct me to the discussion. :D

Mark

There was an attempt made to make the rules as compatible as possible among the pistol, rifle and shotgun disciplines. Some rifle rules are "not applicable" to handgun or shotgun competitions for example, but the rule numbers are as consistent as possible among the various disciplines.

Welcome to the forums and what color is the cover of the new rule book? I think some of these guys have money riding on it....... :D

Welcome to the forums and what color is the cover of the new rule book? I think some of these guys have money riding on it....... 

Well, let's see.....

Is white a color?

The book that I was sent is 8-1/2 x 11 loose leaf sheets bound in one of those clear front cover, paper back affairs with the metal fold-over thingys (technical term) to hold the pre-punched sheets. Think "Duo-tang" folder.

The paper back part of the folder is blue if that helps.

Maybe this is not the final product? :huh:

Hope you wins LOTS of money. :D

What is the meaning at, for example 1.2.2.2, where there is no corresponding IPSC or "US" rule. Does this refer to the rule directly above (1.2.2.1)? If so, why publish 1.2.2.1 at all if it is not applicable?

Phoenix,

A warm welcome to the BE Forums, and in particular to the IPSC/USPSA Rules Forum.

Aikidale has answered your question perfectly but, to illustrate his explanation further, the Handgun and Shotgun Rulebooks both have "Not Applicable" in respect of Rule 1.2.2.2, because the Rifle Rulebook has a rule which is unique to rifle:

RIFLE: 1.2.2.2 If 1 hit per paper target is required "Standard Exercises" must not require more than 12 rounds to complete. Component strings must not require more than 3 rounds (6 rounds if a mandatory reload is specified). Mandatory reloads, shooting positions and stances may be specified. The use of the weak shoulder may not be specified.

In other cases, there are Handgun "Holster" rules which obviously don't apply to Shotgun or Rifle. Hence the idea was to keep common rules with the same rule number, possibly with variances in respect of, say, distances (e.g. In Rule 2.1.3, HG says 7m, Rifle says 50m and SG says 5m for the minimum distance for poppers).

Hope this helps.

Phoenix, welcome to the forums--hope you learn a lot here and share some of your experiences.

The book you received is not the new, official USPSA 2004 Edition rulebook: those are still in transit. Perhaps you got this one as part of one of the correspondence courses.

(Sorry, guys, I don't know the color, either, or when they'll get distributed.) :(

If I can be of assistance in helping you with the rules, please feel free to email or PM me.

Again, welcome, and good luck in all you do.

Troy

Phoenix, welcome to the forums--hope you learn a lot here and share some of your experiences.

The book you received is not the new, official USPSA 2004 Edition rulebook:  those are still in transit.  Perhaps you got this one as part of one of the correspondence courses.

(Sorry, guys, I don't know the color, either, or when they'll get distributed.) :(

If I can be of assistance in helping you with the rules, please feel free to email or PM me.

Again, welcome, and good luck in all you do.

Troy

Hey Troy - Guess what? I don't know the color either! All I know at this point is that the new rule books are on a boat heading to Seattle. Dave Thomas will have to get them out of hostage and mailed out to the members.

Arnie

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha

I know the color.

Now, did somebody say there was money riding on this? ;-)

Bruce

I did know the color at one time, but it has slipped from my memory banks. It is hell to get old, especially when money is riding on the issue. :huh:

Arnie

I did know the color at one time, but it has slipped from my memory banks.  It is hell to get old, especially when money is riding on the issue.  :huh:

Arnie

You moaned at me when I made reference to your age in another thread and now here you are, hiding behind the grey!

Go see Nurse Minor for appropriate admonishment.

I did know the color at one time, but it has slipped from my memory banks.  It is hell to get old, especially when money is riding on the issue.  :huh:

Arnie

You moaned at me when I made reference to your age in another thread and now here you are, hiding behind the grey!

Go see Nurse Minor for appropriate admonishment.

Neil, you old rascal, you! :P

I sure do enjoy those treatments from Nurse Minor, hope she never finds out that I am cured. :wub:

Arnie