Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hats

BDH

Shot the club match Sunday, and overall, just shot like I normally do when I have to both RO and shoot. Anyway, last stage comes up and you have to go prone on two separate strings in order to shoot under a table (at least the big guys have to).

NOTE TO SELF: TURN HAT AROUND SO YOU CAN SEE OUT FROM UNDER THE BRIM! FIRING BLINDLY WHEN THERE ARE NO-SHOOTS IS GENERALLY A BAD IDEA! :blink:

BDH the fast way to shoot that stage was apparantly not to go prone. You know how big I am and I folded myself up and shot sideways from kneeling. The good news is my fat compresses. Those muscle bound guys can't squeeze it like that. By the way will someone help me straighten up.

Paul, if fat compresses, then I should be able to get smaller than you! :lol::lol::lol:

Kathy, always the same problem if I am trying to run a squad and shoot at the same time.... I just don't think the stage through. Also, since none of the shooters I ran made the same mistake, it wasn't called to my attention..... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone laughed when I went first on a stage and had to shoot prone. I turned my hat around and the jokes came so fast that I had to stop laughing before I aggreed to be ready. I shot, stood up and turned my hat around, more jokes, and signed a decent score card. The next guy had to stop after he went prone to throw off his hat. The joke is no longer on me... B)

• 2 weeks later...

My hat cost me alot at the Rocky Mountain 3 Gun. I was on stage 1 which was a long range rifle. At the second shooting position ( under a tree) my glasses fogged up. It was aT 0730, cold moist morning and my breath fogged up my glasses. I had to lift my hat up which pushed my headset off my ears. I was not a happy camper.

My hat cost me a bit too at our last 3 gun match. It was the car stage, where we started in the car with a handgun. Then shot some targets out the passanger side window, before retriving our rifle for 80 to 100 yard flash target over the car.

Since it reminded me of drive-by shooting, I just had to wear my hat backwards!

Too bad it was late afternoon and the bright sun was over my shoulder, on one target the glare off the rear sight made it impossible for me to see through the sight at all.

I did manage to get it after flipping up my combat sight and hoseing it for way too long. That will teach me not to be a smart ass

George

Since it reminded me of drive-by shooting, I just had to wear my hat backwards!

George, I think you screwed up..... if this reminded you of a drive-by, I think you should have had you hat canted 45 degrees off the front of your head, not backwards!! What were you thinking? :lol:

For me (and others with short necks and big shoulders), hat comes off, muffs come off, earplugs go in, and then I get ready to shoot the stage. Get that done right after the walk through so it's one less thing to worry about.

• 1 month later...

After 9 years of shooting IPSC I finally succumbed to wearing a hat. Moving to Production and a Glock made it a necessity. (I liked my face without the burn marks from Glock brass).

So on behalf of all of us who are new to hats-Thank you! :D

P.S. Before Norman uses this one...............remember-It is always better to be lucky than good! ;)

AND

It's a double! :lol: