Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 1050 Toolhead Stand

Could not find anything off the shelf to buy so I came up with this. Holds 4 toolheads, 2 of which I cannot afford. Material list is pretty simple:

11”D x 24”W MDF shelf

1” floor flange

1” x 8” black nipple

1” PVC male adaptor

Felt pads

Half inch quarter round plastic moulding

I have a couple yards of Dillon blue ripstop nylon material that I will use to fab up a dust cover for the whole thing. But right now I am more interested in converting my 1050 from 9mm to 45ACP :)

DillonWV.jpg

DillonClose.jpg

Edited by mcracco

Looks about like the same set up I came up with. As far as changing a 1050 from 9mm to 45acp, just did the swap last month, and found it wasn't near as hard as I was expecting, I also think my 1050 is running smoother on 45 then it did on 9mm, (ordered the machine in 9mm).

Actually, stand is working out better than the conversion. Having a serious issue with flipped primers. AND....I finally lit off a primer while reloading. Boy that was loud. :surprise: Nice flame out of the toolhead. I didn't jump and neither did the dog but my ears were ringing. Ended the session short and I'll call Dillon on Monday. The indexing pin on the toolhead is not aligning real well and it is causing the shell plate to jog back and forth a bit. Can't see where that would cause a primer issue but we will see.

Found I could store more crap on the stand. Note the primer tube in the center hole.

This stand can also pull double duty as a launcher for bottle rockets. Just a thought.

DillonFinished.jpg

• 2 months later...

Could not find anything off the shelf to buy so I came up with this. Holds 4 toolheads, 2 of which I cannot afford. Material list is pretty simple:

11”D x 24”W MDF shelf

1” floor flange

1” x 8” black nipple

1” PVC male adaptor

Felt pads

I have a couple yards of Dillon blue ripstop nylon material that I will use to fab up a dust cover for the whole thing. But right now I am more interested in converting my 1050 from 9mm to 45ACP :)

brand new to the forum here and found this doing a google search for "1050 tool head mount" and this looks the simplest. should have a 2nd tool head here the end of the week with another on the way in a few days as long as the other eBay bidders don't jack it up too high.

i'm right near waterbury and go to NVCC, i am new to the 1050 and would really love to see your set up some time if you want to help a new guy out. i send ya a PM

Show off :)

I'm still drooling over my Square Deal B to XL-650 and you spoil my day by showing me multiple setups for a 1050. I guess I will go eat some worms......

11”D x 24”W MDF shelf

1” floor flange

1” x 8” black nipple

1” PVC male adaptor

Felt pads

Edited by reloader901

• 4 weeks later...

saw some things on the forum her... then spent about $15 at the local hardware store then eye balled this in about 20min. when i get some time i'll make it nicer but i was in a hurry to load some ammo. going to need another tool head to even out that rack.

i can not post pics yet though

edit.....

now i can :D

BBC16DF0-F522-479C-A84B-19EDF2630E2D-2003-000002C3E58207AB.jpg

Edited by sardo67

• 1 month later...

Well Done MCRACCO!! I am looking forward to building this as well! I think I will take a couple of ideas from other photos and add a place for additional powder measures! Great simplicity but yet VERY Functional and sturdy!

• 3 weeks later...